Towel Day may not have fallen on a Friday, but in this week's WRUP we're celebrating belatedly and ensuring that all of the writing staff are hoopy froods who know where their towels are.
For those of you with no idea what I'm talking about, you can get a start by listening to the infamous Douglas Adams speak at UCSB in the video above. It has nothing to remotely to do with WoW, but as geeks, I suspect most of us owe him a debt of gratitude.
For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about and don't want to know what I'm talking about, catch us after the break to see what the team is playing this weekend and some entirely unrelated talk about towels. As always, you're welcome to join in on the comments.
- Adam Holisky (@adamholisky) I'll be headed to the great outdoors this weekend for some hiking and picnic eating. I wanted to carry my broadsword in case I needed to slay any walking murlocs that might appear, but apparently such things are frowned upon in the Minnesota state park system. Instead I'll be carrying my towel, just as one always should.
- Allison Robert (@AllisonRobert) In all likelihood, I get to spend my holiday weekend cleaning the walls of an old farmhouse we're renovating. I suspect the former occupants applied their wallpaper with superglue. And as for my towel, it is hanging on a hook in my room, ready to be deployed for adventure at a moment's notice.
- Anne Stickney (@Shadesogrey) I'm going to be farming elementium for Thunderfury! And ICC25 on Sunday. And of course I know where my towel is, it never leaves my sight!
- Amy Schley (@wowlawbringer) Saturday, my husband and I will be hiking in Ha Ha Tonka State Park. Don't laugh. At some point during the weekend, there will be WoW-ing. The abandoned level 25 shaman has been rescued and is now a level 50 resto shaman with all blue/heirloom gear. As for my towel, it is the custodianship of Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency.
- Brian Wood (@frostheimwhu) I'll be doing table-top roleplaying all weekend with a massive group of friends, playing all kinds of RPGs and running a Call of Cthulhu game. Then for Memorial Day I'll be at the WHU BBQ! To answer the bonus question: yes.
- C. Christian Moore (@thearenaguy) I'll definitely be slinging some magical cards tonight and stealing the wife away on a romantic date tomorrow. Other than that, not much. Short WRUP for me this week.
- Christian Belt (@ihatewarlocks) Red Dead Redemption multiplayer. I crave mounts, and I will kill outlaws until I get them. I will also kill in-laws. Also, my towel is where it usually is: out somewhere, getting high.
- Daniel Whitcomb (@danielwhitcomb) Continuing to run heroics and battlegrounds for my secondary spec gear sets for my death knight and druid. Also got the bug to start another Mass Effect 2 playthrough, this time with an Adept. I want to see how Kasumi plays through a full game, since she was so much fun in her loyalty mission. Bonus answer: Of course I do! What kind of a question is that? Are you implying I am not a hoopy frood? Because believe you me, I am the hoopiest of froods.
- Elizabeth Harper (@faience) Playing? I'm on editorial shift this weekend, so I'm probably working. But with a crew like this, it's not all bad. Maybe I'll even sneak in some WoW time.
- Elizabeth Wachowski (@leeatwaterlives) It's back to work for me, so probably Fallout 3 or Torchlight on the laptop, if we get the chance to play. If I've got any time at home, Borderlands and Red Dead Redemption. Oh, and bonus answer is 42. Always. Although in reality the answer is "on the floor of the bathroom waiting for the magic housecleaning fairies to pick it up."
- Fox Van Allen (@foxvanallen) Order of business the first: Hanging with the ICftB crew. Order of business the second: Throwing together a shameless self-promotional website. Order of business the third: Ridic margarita-fueled Memorial Day party. As for my towel, it's playing the Okama Gamesphere.
- Gregg Reece Parents are coming down this weekend to see their granddaughter, so I probably won't have much time to play as I'll be playing host. If I get the chance, then I'll be hopping onto my new alliance paladin and my recruit-a-friend shaman and running the two of them from levels 20-30 or so. My towel will be keeping my newly shaved head warm as I was crazy and decided to remove all of my hair on Thursday.
- Joe Perez (@Lodurzj) TONS of Red Dead Redemption this weekend and then finishing Alan Wake. Have some time set aside for some ICC 10-man and finishing out my sanctified enhancement off-spec set. After all that, family gathering this weekend for drinks, BBQ and quality time with the puppy. As far as my towel, I know exactly where it is! After all a "towel has immense psychological value. For some reason, if a strag (strag: non-hitchhiker) discovers that a hitchhiker has his towel with him, he will automatically assume that he is also in possession of a toothbrush, washcloth, soap, tin of biscuits, flask, compass, map, ball of string, gnat spray, wet-weather gear, space suit etc., etc. Furthermore, the strag will then happily lend the hitchhiker any of these or a dozen other items that the hitchhiker might accidentally have 'lost.' What the strag will think is that any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with."
- Kelly Aarons (@Cadistra) Argent Tourney dailies, so I can get my mini-Mazzy and my Thunder Bluff kodo. Also going to buckle down and see if I can get Steam working again.
- As for my towel? Where do you think I put it? ;)
- Lisa Poisso (@emused) Reserving my goblin's name wherever I think I might want to play her ... And beyond that, clearing out anything that's not nailed down for the pre-vacation garage sale.
- Mathew McCurley (@gomatgo) It's a weekend full of BBQ and catching up on work. Bonus question answer: my towel was soaked in nutients.
- Matthew Rossi (@matthewwrossi) I'm decompressing from heroic LK attempts and trying to enjoy my new toy. (Got a non-heroic Glorenzelg to play with.) My towel is most likely being dug on by a bunny.
- Rich Maloy (@stoneybaby) I'll be in the park playing frisbee, at a museum with the girlfriend, and eating lots and lots of BBQ. Separately of course. I'll also be dragging @bigcritsguild through Ulduar on a (self-serving) achievement run because signups are very low for the weekend. My towel was keeping me warm in the office today. It's amazing how useful a towel is for both office & intergalactic travel.
- Robin Torres (@cosmiclaurel) WRUP is like a curse for me. Whatever I put here is what ends up not happening. So ... uh ... I'm not playing Lego Universe with The Spawn this weekend and I won't be RPing with B.L.O.G. and I also won't be making up my IcftB session as planned. As far as my towel, I keep it in my emergency backpack which is easily accessible in case of earthquakes or Vogon invasions. I also keep some nice, sturdy cotton yarn and some kneedles there so I can knit a spare as necessary.
- Zach Yonzon (@Battlemasters) Currently doing the heroic version of 'Raising Two Kids Without a Babysitter' while our nanny traipses around in her province for a week. My wife and I are two-manning it. My towel is the one on the floor. With the baby poo.
Filed under: WoW Insider Business