With the Light as his strength, Gregg Reece of The Light and How to Swing It faces down the demons of the Burning Legion, the undead of the Scourge, and soon an entire flight of black dragons.
First up, I'm looking for action screenshots of retribution and protection paladins. They can be any level between 1 and 80. I'll be using these for header graphics like the one above. Please send those as well as any other comments to my email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Secondly, this is it. We're almost done. We're finishing our final installment of how to gear your new level 80 protection paladin. If you've been reading our previous weeks of this guide, you know that we talked over reputation and profession gear as well as all of the various dungeon gear you can nab. This week we're going to be taking advantage of all of that dungeon running and spending our badges with a look at all of the badges from Frost to Heroism (and yes there are exactly 7 useful items that you can trade Emblems of Triumph down to Emblems of Heroism for ... and 6 of them are epic gems).
Emblem of Frost - These are the highest item level items you can get without stepping foot into a raid. They're also a higher item level than the entry level tier 10 gear. If you're not planning on jumping into any raids before the coming expansion hits, then you're better off with the chest and hand pieces from here as they're higher item level than the entry tier 10 gear and you'll get more bang for your badge. The trinket has enough stamina that it makes tanks drool in addition to the on use absorb it can do. The frost level libram has about 10%-ish more dodge than triumph version.
- Libram of the Eternal Tower (30)
- Sentinel's Winter Cloak (50)
- Cataclysmic Chestguard (95)
- Gauntlets of the Kraken (60)
- Verdigris Chain Belt (60)
- Corroded Skeleton Key (60)
- Lightsworn Shoulderguards (60)
- Lightsworn Legguards (95)
- Lightsworn Faceguard (95)
- Lightsworn Handguards (60)
- Lightsworn Chestguard (95)
- Libram of Defiance (25)
- Headplate of the Honorbound (75)
- Shoulderguards of Enduring Order (45)
- Clutch of Fortification (35)
- Glyph of Indomitability (50)
Triumph Tier-9 Set - This is the same deal as the tier 10 set above. These items are slightly lower item level than the other plate items you can buy with triumph badges. The upside is you can get upgrades for them. At this point in the game, worrying about getting that upgrade token for these Tier items isn't worth it as you can get better gear in the ICC 5-man dungeons. However, it's essentially a full set of plate for 210 Emblems of Triumph. Oh, and it comes in Horde and Alliance flavors.
- Breastplate of the Wayward Conqueror (58)
- Crown of the Wayward Conqueror (58)
- Libram of the Sacred Shield (19)
- Shard of the Crystal Forest (19)
- Shieldwarder Girdle (28)
- Gauntlets of the Royal Watch (28)
- Wyrmguard Legplates (39)
- Legplates of the Lost Conqueror (75)
- Mantle of the Lost Conqueror (60)
- Libram of Resurgence (25)
- Platinum Mesh Cloak (25)
- Kyzoc's Ground Stompers (40)
- Bracers of Dalaran's Parapets (60)
- Signet of the Impregnable Fortress (25)
- Chestguard of the Lost Conqueror (80)
- Gloves of the Lost Conqueror (60)
- Libram of Obstruction (15)
- Chained Military Gorget (25)
- Waistguard of Living Iron (40)
- Crygil's Discarded Plate Panel (35)
- Valor Medal of the First War (40)
- Epic Gems
The Light and How to Swing It tries to help Paladins cope with the dark times coming in Cataclysm. See the upcoming Paladin changes the expansion will bring. Wrath is coming to a close and the final showdown with the Lich King is here. With Cataclysm soon heating things up, will you be ready?