Every week, just at the start of the weekend, we catch up with the WoW.com staff and ask them, "What are you playing this week?" (Otherwise known as WRUP.) Join us to see what we're up to in and out of game -- and catch us in the comments to let us know what you're playing, too!
This week is all about
But on to the subject at hand: keep reading for a round-up of what the WoW.com staff is up to this weekend, in game and otherwise. A smattering of them even answered this week's bonus question and tell us about their favorite patch feature.
- Allison Robert (@AllisonRobert): More house painting, more World Cup (USA v. Ghana on Saturday -- be there!), and some dungeon finder fun if my connection cooperates. I'm getting some video footage of 5-man tanking for an upcoming Shifting Perspectives.
- Anne Stickney (@Shadesogrey): Working on something for this year's writing contest, with a little ICC25 thrown in there, too! Favorite part of the patch? Well RS isn't open so I can't even say that yet and Real ID does nothing for me. My tune will change soon as I can scamper in the Sanctum, I am sure. Especially if Halion's penchant for dropping leather bracers is higher than Saurfang's.
- Amy Schley (@wowlawbringer): A second showing of Richard III (hey, it's a really cheap date!), tons of bar prep, and drafting this week's Lawbringer. If I have time for any fun, the resto shammy will continue her journey to 80 (72 already!).
- Brian Wood (@frostheimwhu): I'll be finishing up the tedious Fire Festival stuff. Going to a pig roast for my own RL midsummer festival, then doing the first Wipe Recovery podcast!
- Basil Berntsen (@outdps): I'll be celebrating the first weekend of summer by avoiding anything that requires any effort. So far, my plans include sitting around the house drinking coffee and horsing around with the toddler. My favorite part of the last patch? the 5% increase to the ICC zone buff. :)
- Chase Christian (@madsushi): It's the big Solstice Festival here, so I'll be going to a bacon party in the morning (as awesome as it sounds) and a parade in the afternoon. I might try leveling my death knight now that I've got enough Primordial Saronite for his Shadow's Edge...
- Daniel Whitcomb (@danielwhitcomb): I'll still be fighting Ahune every day for a chance at the scythe on my druid and the frigid frostling on my other 80s. I'm also in the middle of Eastern Kingdoms on my Loremaster quest. I current have most of the south portion done, and am working the Thorium Brotherhood quests in Searing Gorge, then I'll start in on the dwarf lowbie zones.
- Elizabeth Harper (@faience): Diving in for a fresh start on Fallout 3. I've never finished it because I'm easily distracted by shiny objects and then I forget what was happening and I start all over and... repeat as needed. Maybe some WoW, too. Considering revisiting an old Alliance priest.
- Elizabeth Wachowski (@leeatwaterlives): I've expanded the selection of games on my laptop, so I'll probably try playing some Mass Effect 2 or Dead Space.
- Fox Van Allen (@foxvanallen): I'll kick off my weekend by playing my "Choose my Adventure" Paladin character Foxlight. I think he'll be doing some naked mailbox dancing followed up with some Midsummer pole dancing. Saturday, I'm going to the Boston Harbor Islands for some R&R, and on Sunday, it's off to Canobie Lake Park. I'll be spending all moments in between staring at the clearly visible pixels on my newly inferior iPhone 3G as I play more of the strangely addicting Angry Birds. My favorite part about patch 3.3.5: The more forgiving rules with regard to when I can boot all of your damn AFKing asses from my heroics.
- Joe Perez (@Lodurzj): Leveling an alt! My baby paladin just hit level 43 and I'm seeing how far I can get her this weekend. Leveling as protection is ridiculous amounts of fun! Also joining a pirate corp in EVE Online! So I'll likely be flying the old Jolly Roger this weekend at some point as well. As for my favorite feature of the new patch, I'm really loving the new Real ID cross realm/game chat. Some of my more interesting friends play on different servers and getting some of the random whispers I've been getting have been the highlight of the last two days. Also has been nice for cross realm recruiting! Here's a couple gems of the whispers I received last night!
- Kelly Aarons (@Cadistra): Not to sound self-centered, but it ar mah birfday on Thursday, so I'll be seeing friends, family, and Toy Story 3. ;) Also, the new HD came in the mail, so time to get Steam up and running - I'm craving some Zeno Clash!
- Favorite thing about this patch? "NONE MAY ENTER THE MASTER'S SANCTUM! AND WHEN I SAY MASTER, I MEAN ALEXSTRAZA! AND WHEN I SAY SANCTUM, I MEAN RUBY!"
- Matt Low (@matticus): I picked up that Transformers game on steam. Looking forward to giving it a shot this weekend. Otherwise, I'll be buckling down for the summer raiding season and Cataclysm by recruiting extra players Cataclysm.
- Mathew McCurley (@gomatgo): Friday night with @Stoneybaby and the WoW NYC twitter crew at DBA. Much fun will be had. Saturday is a big cleaning day and Sunday I'll be on the Forgotten Island (Staten Island). Oh joy. And my favorite thing about the patch is the inability to play because of the memory leak 64-bit OS bug.
- Matthew Rossi (@matthewwrossi): It's my anniversary. Nuff said.
- Rich Maloy (@stoneybaby): the girlfriend is in Asia this weekend :( but I'm getting together with @gomatgo and the NYC-WoW-Twitter peeps on Friday night. Tweet me or Mat if you want to join us at DBA Friday at 8pm! I'll spend Saturday swearing I'll never drink again. Saturday night on heroic Sindy, followed by Sunday swearing I'll never raid H-Sindy again. Then Sunday night raiding H-Sindy again. My favorite thing about the patch has yet to be released in the wild: Ruby Sanctum.
- Robin Torres (@cosmiclaurel): I'll be at the <It came from the Blog> Midsummer Flamefest, of course! Will you be there?
- Zach Yonzon (@Battlemasters): I doubt I'll have time to play games this weekend ... not the electronic kind, anyway. we found ourselves nanny and house help-less midweek, and my wife and I have been playing Survivor: Home Alone With Two Kids edition. We probably won't win $1 million at the end, but I think we get to keep our sanity.
The weekend is the perfect time to kick back, relax and enjoy some game time. Are you an achievement junkie? Can't get enough raiding? Rolling a new alt? Considering taking the leap into roleplaying? Whatever your favorite way to play World of Warcraft, let us know in the comments what you're playing this weekend!
Filed under: WoW Insider Business