Every week, just at the start of the weekend, we catch up with the WoW.com staff and ask them, "What are you playing this week?" (Otherwise known as: WRUP!) Join us to see what we're up to in and out of game -- and catch us in the comments to let us know what you're playing, too!
There's been a hot-topic issue or two this week, and for today's WRUP we're going to skip the drama and ask everyone a simple question that has no wrong answers:
|Other (let us know in the comments)||569 (4.9%)|
Answers from the team -- and what they're playing this weekend -- after the break.
- Adam Holisky (@adamholisky): This weekend I'll be playing WoW, likely continuing to work on my Loremaster title. It'd be nice to get it done before Cataclysm releases. Puppies.
- Alex Ziebart (@alexziebart): I'll be sitting behind my computer this weekend like it were any other day, making more WoW videos and finishing up a few Cataclysm guides. As for the kitties/puppies debate ... I lean Roomba. Because that's all my landlord will allow. [Editor's note: But how does Alex feel about the kitten/Roomba combo?]
- Allison Robert (@AllisonRobert): Covering for a friend of mine at my old office on Saturday, and more home renovation. We're within 2 weeks, I think, of my grandmother being able to move in. As for the age-old puppy vs. kitten debate, I am unable to choose and thus offer this video.
- Anne Stickney (@Shadesogrey): ICC25 HM Putricide! ...will there be pain? I do not know! But we may also kill INTERNET DRAGONS as well. And of course I'll be messing on the beta servers. I like kittens and puppies.
- Basil Berntsen (@outdps): I'll be attending a wedding this weekend, so little time for anything but that. My response to the question of the week would probably be squid. Take a look at Bruce Schneier's (normally security and cryptography focused) blog every Friday for some squid goodness.
- C. Christian Moore (@thearenaguy): I've been playing a ridiculous amount of chess recently. Like, 20+ games a day. I'm improving pretty rapidly too -- when I don't get dominated by knight forks (oh come on, it happens to everyone). Other than that, I haven't been on WoW at all because I haven't had access to it, and my Magic: the Gathering habit has been cut off from the summer job as well. Of course, time away from WoW makes me even more excited to play Cataclysm -- so that's a plus.
- Christian Belt (@ihatewarlocks): Playing Etrian Odyssey II and Red Dead multiplayer, along with some Castle Crashers with my 6-year old (she loves the decapitations). Oh, and Puppies. Cats hate me, and I hate cats.
- Daniel Whitcomb (@danielwhitcomb): I've got one final zone to tackle, STV, then I should have my Eastern Kingdoms section done for Loremaster. Then I just have to hope I can finish Kalimdor before Cataclysm. Also: I really want to see the Quel'Delar questline for myself, so I'll be running all 3 ICC 5-mans in hopes the hilt drops and I win the roll. And I am definitely a puppies man. Dogs are awesome. Loyal, friendly, rambunctious, affectionate and... oh gosh, I miss my dog again.
- Dawn Moore (@dawnwow): Bunnies triumph over all. This weekend I'll be keeping track of various podcasts while play Doctor Mario.
- Eli Khoury (@Jagoex): I've recently developed this urge to play Castlevania: Symphony of the Night from start to finish. If I find enough gaming time outside of Heroic ICC and grinding the Insane in the Membrane achievement, I may satisfy it. Also, dogs hate cats almost as much as I do, so they win easily.
- Elizabeth Harper (@faience): Time in airports always gives me an opportunity to catch up on my reading, but not so much opportunity to catch up on my WoW-ing. And puppies, of course.
- Elizabeth Wachowski (@leeatwaterlives): I should really finish up Borderlands and start Alan Wake, so I'll probably aim for that. Um ... kittens?
- Fox Van Allen (@foxvanallen): Throwing an epic summer party at my condo featuring classic homemade tiki drinks. Those interested in attending can find my home address via the exploitation of the Real ID system. Correct answer: otters. Insanely cute baby otters.
- Gregg Reece: I'm hoping to finally get into Ruby Sanctum this weekend. It will be interesting to see the lore leading up to Cata-- *distracted by puppies*
- Joe Perez (@Lodurzj): Leveling the paladin some more and working on old dungeon achievements I somehow missed on my shaman. Getting ready to attack the last 6 bosses in ICC 25 heroic and break in our new recruits. War for Cybertron multiplayer also calls me. I feel the urge to scream SOUNDWAVEEEEEEEEEE as I snipe someone. As far as puppies or kittens. How about kittehs ridding puppies! It's like bear cavalry, but much cuter.
- Kelly Aarons (@Cadistra): Recovering from yet another horrific week of overtime, and celebrating my friends' 25th on Friday/Saturday. I'm getting so close to my Chef's title I can taste it! (Pun intended.) I'm a dog person myself, but hands-down -- hedgehogs!
- Lisa Poisso (@emused): I'm actually juggling five MMOs, all for work-related purposes. Not quite sure about showers and food yet. I'll keep you posted. Bonus question: octopus.
- Matt Low (@matticus): Not much gaming for me this weekend. On Saturday, I'll be going to a Magic: The Gathering pre-release tournament for M11. Just imagine being packed in a room with no air conditioning with other ... card players. Yeah.
- Mathew McCurley (@gomatgo): Saturday I'm heading out of the city to a pool, because the heat is killing me. Sunday is a big terrible movie day. Trying to decide if I want to stream some beta stuff. So far, beta has been a blast. As for the question, puppies and kittens are both awesome, but I have to say kittens right now because my cat is giving me a stern look. She's also sitting behind me.
- Matt Sampson (@binkenstein): Raiding, writing silly things on elemental shaman, and admiring my new 24" widescreen. Oh, and playing Prototype. I don't like pets, they mess up my nice clean house. Otherwise, I'd prefer cats.
- Rich Maloy (@stoneybaby): On Sunday I'll be on the Raid Warning podcast Totem Recall roundtable along with some of the elder shamans of enhancement. I'm a dog guy all the way. One of the great things in life I miss out on by living in midtown NYC is having a dog.
- Robin Torres (@cosmiclaurel): Colonization. WoW. Possibly World of Goo. Otters.
The weekend is the perfect time to kick back, relax and enjoy some game time. Are you an achievement junkie? Can't get enough raiding? Rolling a new alt? Considering taking the leap into roleplaying? Whatever your favorite way to play World of Warcraft, let us know in the comments what you're playing this weekend!
Filed under: WoW Insider Business