Happy Tuesday morning, everyone. It's been a surprisingly busy and controversial week in WoW. The ill-fated Real ID forum integration has come and -- after extensive community outcry, rampant rumors and multiple attempts to explain themselves on Blizzard's part -- gone again, and we're all hopeful that we can go back to the carefree slaughter of internet dragons. In actual gameplay news, everything we know about our classes may be changing with the extensive new talent revamp that limits trees to the 31-point tier and gives level 10s signature abilities from their chosen tree.
There's plenty more beta news and (for those of you avoiding Cataclysm spoilers) Ruby Sanctum guides to browse through, and since we have the usual 5-11 a.m. Pacific downtime coming down the pipe this morning, you'll have time to tackle it, I'm sure. Read on for all the latest from the past few days.
Hot news and features
- Curious to see the new starting zones and quests for goblin and worgen? We have footage of some of the highlights!
- We also look at what's going away in Azshara with Cataclysm.
- Check out our guide to the extensive changes to Western Plaguelands in the Cataclysm beta.
- Real ID's still got privacy issues that make many people pause, so if you want to know how to tweak it or even how to opt out, we have you covered.
- There is a addon-related security flaw that may expose your Real ID to everyone. That said, GearScore isn't one of the affected addons.
- The official site has been updated with a preview of the Twilight Highlands, one of the new Cataclysm zones.
- WoW.com has new warlock and elemental shaman columnists. Look for them to start writing soon.
- Not in the Cataclysm beta yet? The next round of invites will go out soon.
- Totem Talk looks at healing the Ruby Sanctum and talks about enhancement DPS and mobility.
- The Care and Feeding of Warriors has a Ruby Sanctum guide.
- Scattered Shots looks at some of the latest hunter beta chatter, as well as addons for hunters.
- Shifting Perspectives discusses the new Eclipse functionality in Cataclysm.
- Encrypted Text discusses rogue survivability in Cataclysm.
- Lichborne discusses the new blood tanking tree in Cataclysm beta.
- The Light And How To Swing It speculates on what the new talent changes could mean for melee paladins and healing Halion for holy paladins.
- Rossi speculates on what the new talent system could mean for warriors.
- Spiritual Guidance continues our shadow priest leveling guide with the dawn of Shadowform, as well as more advice for breaking into the healing priest business.
- WoW Rookie looks at some of the newest leveling changes for leveling players in Cataclysm, including new dungeon level ranges.
- Our Addons 101 course continues with a guide to interface elements.
- Addon Spotlight looks at more broker addons.
- Gold Capped discusses the opportune moment to sell your backstock of raw materials.
- Insider Trader looks at new Cataclysm engineering recipes.
- Raid Rx looks at healing Halion.
- The Art of War(craft) looks at what the new talent system could mean for PvP.
- Officers' Quarters continues rating the Cataclysm guild perks.
- The World of Warcraft Official Magazine is looking for photos of your guild gathering.
- Printwarcraft.com is now offering prints of original WoW artworks.