Happy Tuesday Morning, everyone! In what may or may not be a mea culpa for the massive amount of downtime, both expected and unexpected, last week, Blizzard's announced that there will be no downtime this morning. That's right, we won't even get rolling restarts. Now, usually I'd be pretty grateful for this. It's always nice to know the server's going to be up and ready for you when you get a chance to play. But today, of all days, is the day they chose? Honestly, I wouldn't even be phased if they put my server on the 24-hour downtime list for today, because I'm just going to spend all my free time playing Starcraft 2.
Actually, never mind. It's pretty clear to me now why they're keeping the servers up. Obviously, the server maintenance team would rather take the day off and play Starcraft II too. If you're still agonizing over whether to play Starcraft or log on and do your dailies, maybe you should stop by WoW.com while you think. We have a lot of juicy Cataclysm news for you to catch up on, and more coming throughout the day.
Hot News and Features
- The latest Cataclysm beta patch is up, and we have the notes.
- Cataclysm zones won't be completely open to you until level 80.
- Spoiler Alert: The latest beta patch added a lot of new sound files for characters such as Thrall, Vol'jin, Nefarian, Garrosh, Sylvanas, and even Deathwing himself.
- Spoiler Alert: We take a look at the changing face of Stranglethorn Vale in Cataclysm.
- The Icecrown Citadel raid buff is now at 30%.
- The BlizzCon 2010 virtual ticket is now on sale!
- Arcane Brilliance discusses the latest mage changes in Cataclysm beta.
- Scattered Shots is leveling a hunter through the Cataclysm beta.
- The Light And How To Swing It discusses how retribution and protection will use holy power and healing while mobile.
- Speaking of holy power, we also have a look at some of the most common problems and questions about the new holy power system.
- Encrypted Text talks about the filler of the Cataclysm rogue talent trees.
- Lichborne looks at some of the death knight news to come out of the Twitter developer chat.
- Totem Talk looks at enhancement and restoration shaman stuff in the newest beta build and elemental shaman notes from the Twitter developer chat.
- The Care and Feeding of Warriors discusses the latest evolutions of the beta warrior.
- Shifting Perspectives philosophizes about balance in Cataclysm and discusses the basics of pulling as a feral tank.
- Spiritual Guidance discusses shadow priest lore and leveling a priest from 41 to 70.
- Spoiler Alert: Cataclysm brings with it more pets, including this little fellow.
- Raid Rx discusses healing without a holy paladin.
- Addons 101 continues with the basics of customization.
- WoW Rookie discusses the basics of dual speccing.
- Gold Capped delves into the mail bag.
- The Overachiever continues looking at the most entertaining achievements.
- Blood Sport discusses accomplishing your PvP goals.
- The Ashbringer...
- Curse has purchased MMO-Champion.
- Check out the cover art for The Shattering, the upcoming pre-Cataclysm WoW novel.