A new build for the Cataclysm beta has gone live and with it have come some changes for the restoration shaman. Build 12942 includes a few tweaks to existing talents and spells, with some powers being adjusted and some simply being renamed. Nothing terribly earth-shattering or devastating -- but it has been a while since restoration shaman have really gotten any adjustments on the beta.
So let's take a look, shall we?
So let's take a look, shall we?
- Cleansing Waters When your Cleanse Spirit successfully removes a harmful effect, you also heal the target for 1,341 to 1,462. Up from 958 to 1,039.
- Blessing of the Eternals No longer grants spell critical strike rating.
- Purification Now also reduces the casting time of your Healing Wave and Greater Healing Wave spells by 0.5 sec.
- Soothing Rains Name changed from Restorative Totems to Soothing Rains. Increases the amount healed by your Healing Stream Totem by 25/50%, and your Healing Rain spell by 15/30%.
- Healing Surge Name changed from Lesser Healing Wave to Healing Surge.
Blessing of the Eternals' no longer granting spell critical strike is par for the course at this point. There has a been a big movement to remove our passive critical strike bonus, so this just seems to make sense. Purification's reducing the cast time of both Healing Wave and Greater Healing Wave is very nice and gives both spells a little push, since HW is the staple go-to heal and GHW is the big nuke in our arsenal. Any reduction in cast time is a good thing.
Soothing Rains replaces Restorative Totems and now offers a boost to Healing Rain. That 30 percent buff looks like it could be quite nice. I haven't had a chance to test it out yet, but I plan on it as soon as possible.
The last noted change is a bit of a rename and one that confuses me slightly. Lesser Healing Wave will now be known as Healing Surge. I don't really know why they changed the name, as the effect has not been altered. Seems almost silly, especially for a spell that has been around for as long as it has been.
In addition to these changes, we also got a sneak peak at the tier 11 set bonuses for the restoration armor.
- Item -- Shaman T11 Restoration 2P Bonus Increases the critical strike chance of your Healing Wave spell by 5%.
- Item -- Shaman T11 Restoration 4P Bonus Grants 540 Spirit for 6 sec after you cast Riptide
That is all of the changes for restoration shaman this beta build, and as you can see, there isn't anything really earth-shattering about this set of changes. It's mostly some minor tweaks with a couple of good cookies thrown in. Keep in mind that the game is still in a beta phase, and this information may change at any time. Be sure to check back here at WoW.com for our Cataclysm beta coverage, as we keep you up to date on any changes that occur.
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm will destroy Azeroth as we know it; nothing will be the same! In WoW.com's Guide to Cataclysm, you can find out everything you need to know about WoW's third expansion, from brand new races to revamped quests and zones. Visit our Cataclysm news category for the most recent posts having to do with the Cataclysm expansion.