It's that time of year again, where we get together for an hour or so to virtually drink virtual alcohol while virtually riding virtual rams and also virtually chucking virtual beer steins. That's right, it's time for the annual Brewfest event from <It came from the Blog>! Here are the details:
- When: Sunday, Sept. 26 at 5 p.m. EDT (2 p.m. PDT, 3 p.m. realm time) for the pre-event mixer and 5:30 p.m. EDT for the event.
- Where: Meet in front of Orgrimmar on Zangarmarsh (US-PvE-H).
- Who: Any level Horde character.
- What: We will be doing as many Brewfest quests as we can.
- How: Ask Robinemia, Robiness or any <It came from the Blog> member for an invite. Guild ranks of Blog Lurker and above have the power.
If you are planning to attend, please, please, please read the tips and rules after the break.
Event rules and tips
There are a few things you should know in order to make your event experience more enjoyable:
- There will be no raid group. We expect far more than 40 people to show up. You may form groups and raid groups as you like, but please do so outside of guild chat.
- No shouting except for me! Because guild chat is raid chat, I use all caps to be heard. Shouting is a gkickable offense.
- We are over 500! The guild roster bugs out in guilds that are larger than 500. My guess is that we have over 700 guildies. So if you are invited, don't expect to see your name show up in the roster or for the roster to show how many people are on. Also, /who only shows up to 49 people, so that's no good for these events either.
- Death knights take about two hours to get from spawn to Thrall's blessing. It may take you less, but please allow plenty of time before the event to make a DK (if that's how you wish to join us).
- You may want to turn down your graphics. Many people in one place = icky FPS for some.
- Summons are for sissies. There will be no official summons during the event. You are expected to get to the event on your own power, which should be really easy since it's outside of Orgrimmar.
- Please make a separate chat tab for guild chat. This will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and join in on the discussions.
- Instructions will be typed in guild chat; more detailed instructions will be given in the stream. I highly recommend you stream the event, even if you are only listening to the audio.
- Bring some cash. We don't have enough in our coffers for an open bar, and you may enjoy the event more if you have some cash on hand to buy food, drinks, etc.
Please join us on Zangarmarsh (US-PvE-H) in <It came from the Blog>. Guild ranks of "Blog Lurker" or above can invite, so /whisper Robiness or any online member. You are all welcome as long as you play by our simple rules -- basically, don't be a funsucker! Visit the guild FAQ for more details.