Choose the adventures of the WoW Insider staff as we level our characters in <It came from the Blog> on Zangarmarsh (US-PvE-H).
Spoiler warning: Robinemia's story and video after the break are full of Cataclysm spoilers. You have been warned.
Peenk the gnome priestess is winning the polls as of this writing, but some boring human to see the new starting quests is close behind, if you want to tip the votes toward that instead. Of course, if worgen females are actually playable by Wednesday's stream, I'll drop everything to play a worgen druidess instead. Recaps from last week are after the break, but first, here's the schedule.
- Adam Holisky as Adammentat, the level 65 tauren druid, will play on Monday at 10 p.m. EDT.
- Anne Stickney as Annephora, the level 42 troll warrior, will play on Tuesday at 1 a.m. EDT (which is Monday at 11 p.m. Zangarmarsh time).
- Robin Torres will play whomever wins the polls: Wednesday, 1 p.m. EDT. Note: This will be streamed.
- Fox Van Allen as Foxlight, the level 26 blood elf paladin
- Lisa Poisso as Prupher, the level 12 tauren druid
- Michael Sacco as Shockbroker, the goblin shaman
- Christian Belt, as Selfloathius, the level 16 blood elf warlock
- Robin Torres, as Robinemia, the level 29 Forsaken mage
- Matthew Rossi as Andrenorton, the level 17 troll mage
- Gregg Reece as Sandwichdoc, the level 17 troll shaman
Lisa Poisso as Prupher, the proofreading druid
A prairie dog won the polls for her companion, so Prupher provided a pictorial journal of her adventures. Please see the gallery below. Also, her pet needs a name. The poll will be on Wednesday, so please make suggestions in the comments. The most popular ones will be added to the poll which will include Lisa's choices of Error, Comma, Del and Stet.
Gallery: Prupher's gallery
Robin Torres as Robinemia, the awesomest Forsaken huntress ever
The Banshee Queen has a val'kyr carry Robinemia to Gilneas in order to carry on the fighting versus the worgen there. Hilarity ensues. Well, perhaps not hilarity. Death, bloodshed and dire losses ensue. I don't tend to find those hilarious, but you might. The video above shows all of the antics or horror, depending on your viewpoint. Here are some notes:
- As of this writing, the worgen starting area doesn't get into as much Gilnean lore as Silverpine Forest does. So if you want to play around in the worgen homeland, you may want to go Horde long enough to complete all of the awesome Silverpine Forest quests. Don't blame the messenger.
- Spines seem to make good handles for val'kyr.
- I haven't played a hunter for very long in live WoW, so I cannot make fully knowledgeable comparisons. However, I find the Cataclysm hunter to be so much more fun and intuitive than the live hunter. Focus, no ammo and pets from level 1 all make sense to me. I think hunter may become the new flavor of the month after launch.
- No, I don't think the above statement is going to prevent people in stream chat from asking me that question again. But it can't hurt to try.
- To be clear: I don't like hunters in live. I adore them in Cataclysm and will play at least a Forsaken one after launch. In preparation, I am reading Scattered Shots more often. It's not just for entertainment anymore.
- Forsaken hunters begin with bats. Goblin hunters begin with crabs. No, not that kind of crab. Sheesh!
- I am a keyboard turner because ever since I acquired a parasite that then turned into a separate human, I have had varying amounts of motion sickness from using the mouse to move. However, I am trying out a new mouse that will hopefully fix that issue. Regardless, you mouse elitists need to mind your own beeswax. Sheesh, redux.
- Gilneas is a dangerous place for Forsaken. I guess I should have expected this.
- Despite the opinions of some, WoW Insider does not have a Horde bias. I, personally, do (though I adore gnomes).
- I am fine with the worgen models, faces, etc. They are supposed to be werewolves, after all. The above statement may affect my view. however.
- It seems obvious to me, regardless of my bias, that more time was spent on goblin and Forsaken quests than on the other races' quests. Gnomes got some good love, but really, goblins and undead are winning the fun competition so far.
- What is the "lore" behind the removal of ammo? Are we using magic ranged weapons that conjure the ammo as needed? Or does the game just assume we are doing the boring routine of buying ammo, storing it in our quivers and keeping it stocked as necessary? It's kind of like the ancient gaming concept of encumbrance -- it's more realistic to have encumbrance, but it's so very annoying to keep track of that and I'm happy we don't have to in WoW.
- I have two words for you: flaming abominations.
- In Cataclysm, quests find you!
- I never saw the movie. I'm the kind of dork that makes a reference in the hopes of seeming cool. <insert dork noise here>
- Regardless, the new quest mechanics that allow for completing and accepting quest chains out in the field are totally awesome. They explain them with lore -- "Sylvanas speaks in your mind," "the communication device crackles" -- but I am willing to suspend disbelief anyway just for the convenience.
- I am randomly directionally challenged. It's like a very slight dyslexia. Yes, that applies both in game and in the physical world.
- If you have a computer that is behind the times, I highly recommend saving up to upgrade before Cataclysm launches. Blizzard has enhanced the little details such as ground textures and water effects and they are eye candy.
- Why would a Forsaken captain be terrified by a bunch of humans? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Aren't undead resistant to fear? I'm not questioning the story writers. I am badmouthing Captain Rutsak, the fraidy-cat.
- I use VHScrCap and Adobe Flash Media Encoder 2.5 to stream.
- We didn't finish the quests in Gilneas, so the next time Robinemia is voted in, we will continue. Don't worry, I won't quest without you.
- I love this game.
Gallery: Choose My Adventure
Please join us on Zangarmarsh (US-PvE-H) in <It came from the Blog>. Guild ranks of "Blog Lurker" or above can invite, so /whisper Robiness or any online member. You are all welcome as long as you play by our simple rules -- basically, don't be a funsucker! Visit the guild FAQ for more details.