With the new stat changes from patch 4.0.1
, many jewelcrafting gems are changing or being removed entirely. Blizzard has posted a comprehensive, official list of the changes for players, to make the change a little bit easier for all of us. In addition, the stats that are going away have their conversion stats, showing you what to expect when you log on later today.
Bashiok -- Gem Changes in 4.0.1
As previously announced, we're changing many of the stats in the game. Some stats are being removed entirely, while others are being redefined. These stat changes will affect gems as well, as we've made a series of basic changes to them, including color changes and stat conversions.
Gems are being changed as follows:
- Hit is now blue. This makes blue gems interesting for all specs and classes.
- Mastery and Dodge are now yellow. This change ensures good yellow gem choices continue to exist for tanking. The addition of Mastery to yellow increases the color's value to all specs.
- Intellect is now red. Red needs to be a great choice for casters, and a universally good color for all specs.
If after the patch you have gems that have changed color, they may no longer match the socket they're in, and the socket bonuses will no longer be applied.
Some stats are being converted into others as detailed below:
- Attack Power is converted to Agility.
- Spell Power is converted to Intellect.
- Mana/5 is converted to Spirit.
- Defense is converted to Dodge, and sometimes Parry.
- Armor Penetration is generally converted to Critical Strike.
I love these new gem colors, especially because my main is a tank. Having mastery as a yellow gem and hit as a blue gem make for some very interesting gem builds, especially in response to all the stamina-stacking for tanks that has been going on for the entirety of Wrath of the Lich King
This is it! Patch 4.0.1 begins the slide into December's upcoming expansion. It's a whole new game from here on out. Get oriented with our roundup of everything there is to know about patch 4.0.1 and how it changes the game until the launch of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.
Filed under: Cataclysm