Happy Tuesday morning, everyone! Patch 4.0.3 was released last week, but everyone knows that's not the big news. No, that was just the first rumblings of change. Patch 4.0.3a only just went up on the PTR, but it looks like it's already headed to the live servers. This means we'll be getting a lot of changes, including the new version of the old world and the new race/class combos. Just to be clear, Blizzard is currently saying that you will be able to race change to those new combos right away, no matter what it had said before. Also coming this patch is a nice 20 percent reduction in leveling experience for the level 70 to level 80 grind, as well as changes to the Loremaster achievement.
Daunted by all the changes? Don't worry, with a 3 a.m. to 11 a.m. Pacific downtime coming our way, you should have time to read up on all of it. Keep it tuned here for news throughout the morning, and read on now for a look back at what we've already talked about.
Hot news and features
- Pilgrim's Bounty is ongoing, and we have a guide to help you get those achievements.
- Blizzard has released a preview of the new Cataclysm world PvP hub Tol Barad.
- Blizzard's put up a new Darkmoon Faire website to herald Cataclysm, complete with unlockable content.
- Check out our walkthrough of the new Westfall.
- WoW Rookie takes a look at the new gnome starting area.
- Matthew Rossi looks back at the history of dungeon zerging.
- The official forums are now read-only. They'll be wiped soon, so save any posts you want now.
- Rest experience will be wiped for all characters at the start of Cataclysm.
- The Cataclysm beta is officially over.
- Scattered Shots helps you level your hunter from 80 to 85, including a separate guide on what pets to level with. Is Chromaggus a good leveling pet?
- The Care And Feeding of Warriors talks about returning to your warrior for Cataclysm.
- Totem Talk looks at Cataclysm consumables for restoration shaman and elemental shaman.
- Encrypted Text teaches you the basics of rogue theorycrafting.
- Lichborne discusses the problems with haste and spell hit for death knights.
- Blood Pact helps warlocks study for Cataclysm.
- Spiritual Guidance compares Wrath heroics to Cataclysm heroics for shadow priests and takes a look at priest PvP concerns.
- Arcane Brilliance analyzes arcane talents.
- Raid Rx answers Cataclysm healing questions.
- The Art of War(craft) looks at priest PvP talents.
- The Light And How To Swing It looks at shockadin DPS numbers.
- Shifting Perspectives discusses why you should (or shouldn't) be playing a worgen druid. It also can't help but wonder why moonkin exist in the first place.
- The Overachiever answers some questions about Cataclysm achievements.
- Insider Trader looks at tailoring in Cataclysm.
- Gold Capped looks selling volatile elements in Cataclysm.
- Blood Sport thinks Cataclysm PvP will probably be awesome.
- Addon Spotlight looks at ElvUI.
- Check out the latest installment of WoW Insider's weekly webcomic, Safe Passage.
- Alas, there's no free pet for the sixth anniversary of WoW.
- Know Your Lore examines King Varian Wrynn and Lady Jaina Proudmoore.
- Blizzard has announced its official Cataclysm launch events.
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm will destroy Azeroth as we know it; nothing will be the same! In WoW Insider's Guide to Cataclysm, you can find out everything you need to know about WoW's third expansion (available Dec. 7, 2010), from brand new races to revamped quests and zones. Visit our Cataclysm news category for the most recent posts having to do with the Cataclysm expansion.