Over the holiday break, thanks to all of the companies that sent merchandise our way, WoW Insider gave away more prizes than we've ever given away for any previous event -- and this comes after our absolutely epic BlizzCon party wherein we gave away tons of goodies, and then the Cataclysm midnight release events where we (nearly) cleaned out the very last of our loot codes.
However, now that things have calmed down, we've taken stock of the loot codes that went unused during Cataclysm's midnight release and we just might have some leftovers from WoWTCGLoot.com that we'll be giving away here in the Tuesday Morning Post. However, since these are the precious few pieces of loot we have left for now, we're going to run this thing a little differently. To find out how to enter, you'll need to follow us past the break, check out our top articles of the week, and head down to the end of the post.
Hot news and features
- Blizzard has released the official patch 4.0.6 PTR patch notes.
- While patch 4.0.6 is on the PTR, we answer a big question we've been asked many times recently: what is in patch 4.1?
- Razer recently unveiled their concept for a mobile PC gaming platform: the Switchblade. WoW in the go? Yes, please!
- What are your thoughts on the potential of class-based achievements? Would you like to see them implemented, or would you prefer they stay far away from WoW?
- Our guest series to the daily quests of Cataclysm continue with Deepholm and Therazane.
- Blizzard still isn't content with the dungeon finder that turned how we play the game on its head. They're still looking to make improvements!
- What's up with the shortage of ilevel 333 wands?
- Lichborne digs into the death knight tank stat weight debate.
- Scattered Shots digs into what is currently one of the most complicated stats in the game: haste. What does it do for hunters and is it any good?
- Spiritual Guidance looks back on the shadow priest of 2010.
- Shifting Perspectives continues its guide to gearing up a restoration druid and talk gems, enchants and glyphs for the balance druid in your life.
- Encrypted Text presents the rogue guide to gear customization. Hint: Agility. Everywhere.
- Totem Talk looks back on resto healing throughout 2010 and makes the most out of enhancement's utility.
- The Care And Feeding of Warriors digs into the warrior changes on the patch 4.0.6 PTR.
- The Light And How To Swing It picks apart holy paladin healing, especially the synergy between Protector of the Innocent and Beacon of Light.
- Raid Rx tackles the issue of healer mana in raids. What can you do to maximize your healers' efficiency and longevity?
- Getting started on raiding? Check out WoW Insider's complete guide to Blackwing Descent!
- Insider Trader teaches you how to make a profit from blacksmithing.
- Phat Loot Phriday looks at two of Cataclysm's hottest trinkets: the Eyes of Rajh.
- New to running dungeons, but know enough to move past the basics? This week's WoW Rookie is for you.
- Readers have been asking us for a guide to Archaeology for a long time now. The OverAchiever has you covered.
- Enhancement shaman columnist Josh Myers discusses the patch 4.0.6 nerf to Bloodlust in the arenawow.joystiq.com/2011/01/06/patch-4-0-6-bloodlusts-arena-nerf/.
- Know Your Lore looks at Azshara and the Blue Dragonflight, as well as Uldum's tol'vir.
- Were you afflicted with soul-searing lag at the end of 2010 and into early January? The Lawbringer explains the potential cause.
- This week's Addon Spotlight picks apart CursorCastbar.
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm has destroyed Azeroth as we know it; nothing is the same! In WoW Insider's Guide to Cataclysm, you can find out everything you need to know about WoW's third expansion, from leveling up a new goblin or worgen to breaking news and strategies on endgame play.