World of WarCrafts spotlights art and creativity by WoW players, including fan art, cooking, comics, cosplay, music, fan fiction and more. Sample the whole spectrum on our Arts and Crafts in WoW page.
Monkeys, monkeys, monkeys! Cataclysm introduced a new fuzzy friend for our hunters out there. The monkey class is an adorable one, if sometimes ill-tempered. Monkeys are easily fed with fruit and fungus, but what does the hunter on the go do when the bananas start going bad? Rather than let them rot into oblivion and stink up your bags, how about making a loaf or two of soft, delicious banana bread? Fruit doesn't just have to be for your primate pal!
A word of warning, however -- your monkey may not eat all the bananas in your bag, but your friends might devour this banana bread before you can properly store it. Let's head to the kitchen and get cooking after the break, shall we?
Soft Banana Bread
Requires Level 35
Item Level 45
Use: Restores 1392 health over 30 sec. Must remain seated while eating.
You can purchase this from a host of innkeepers and general goods vendors all over Azeroth for anywhere between 16 and 20 silver per stack of 5, but it's considerably cheaper to just make your own!
- 4 cups flour
- 4 large eggs (make sure they aren't bad first!)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3½ cups of mashed bananas (approximately 7 medium bananas, the riper the better; you can use frozen if you have them handy)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- Fire resist gear is no longer necessary, but have a paladin throw up Resistance Aura and set the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Raid layout should be split between dry ingredients and wet. Have your shaman place a nonstick spray totem in each loaf pan to coat them evenly.
- Send in the tank and DPS to beat the eggs, bananas, sugar, oil and vanilla. Have your off tank pick up the dry ingredients and combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in another bowl. When the MT and raid crew have sufficiently beaten the wet ingredients into submission, have your off tank drag the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Enrage timer Don't beat on the mobs for too long! Just enough to blend them. Overblending may result in a messy, banana-laden raid wipe.
- Pour the raid into two 9x5 loaf tins and zone into the preheated raid instance. DPS for 60 to 65 minutes or until a rogue can stick a dagger in the middle of the loaves and have it come out clean!
For an added twist to your banana bread, try adding 1 cup of chopped nuts or chocolate chips to the mix. Stir in the added ingredients after the batter has been combined.
Alternatively, you can try gathering the following mats in a separate bowl:
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- Send in your DPS to mix together the brown sugar and flour, then chop in the butter with either a pastry cutter or a fork until the mixture is crumbly. Watch the butter -- you don't want it to melt! Sprinkle this on top of the prepared batter before putting it in the oven for a crumbly topping to your loaves.
Personally, I prefer my loaves plain -- the hard mode loot isn't worth the extra hassle!
Set the loot chest on a wire rack to cool. Make sure the loot has cooled completely before trying to remove it from the pan. Slice, spread a little butter on top and serve -- you did set the encounter to master loot before starting the raid, right?
Soft and a little sweet, this bread makes an excellent start to the morning accompanied by coffee or tea. Now go get baking -- and don't forget to feed your monkey in the meantime, okay?
World of WarCrafts spotlights art and creativity by WoW players, including arts and crafts, fan art, WoW-themed recipes, comics, cosplay, music and fan fiction. Show us how you express yourself by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your not-for-profit, WoW-inspired creations.
Filed under: World of WarCrafts