Are you a regular reader of Reader UI of the Week, WoW Insider's community user interface column all about showcasing your very own interface creations? Well, you should join the multitudes of other people who have already sent in their creations. I get a lot of submissions to Reader UI of the Week, and sometimes the whole business gets pretty clogged up and people's stuff get lost in the wilderness. So, I'm putting out another big call for user submissions for Reader UI of the Week. You can even send in your UI to ask for help on how to make the whole thing just a little bit nicer.
Here are some guidelines to follow for submitting your user interface:
- Wordy is good. Talk about your user interface and why you made your interface decisions. You put the map in the center of the screen, covering your character -- we can clearly see that. But why? We want to know!
- Bigger is better for images. .Jpgs are best; .png works. But remember, the bigger the better.
- Keys help. Show us where you put each addon in an image or a text key. People love replicating UIs and taking ideas from one another. This helps everyone out. Some of the best innovations have come from iteration -- just ask Blizzard!
- List your addons. Let us know what addons you use, and maybe give us a little bit of insight as to why you like that addon. People get pretty defensive about their addon preferences, so stand up and fight for your mans.
- Raid screenshots help, if you're a raider. Not everyone raids, so don't feel like it is absolutely necessary to include a screenshot while raiding. However, a lot of people do like to see screenshots during a raid, so indulge if you'd like.
Submit your interfaces for Reader UI of the Week to email@example.com. New email address, yay!
Interested in getting the most out of your user interface? Come back once a week for more examples of reader UIs. For more details on individual addons, check out Addon Spotlight, or visit Addons 101 for help getting started.