Has today been a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day? Would you like to feel better? We've got a recipe that will do just that -- or so the flavor text says. Today we're getting our hands dirty with some Cataclysm cooking in the form of the Chocolate Cookie. While the in game version may make you feel a little better, a warm plate of these may make you feel substantially better ... possibly even a lot better.
Thankfully, though the in-game version takes a cooking skill of 505, the real-life version is considerably easier to make. Let's get to the kitchen and start baking!
Item Level 80
Use: Makes you feel a little better.
You can't buy these cookies in game; you have to make them yourself! The recipe is available from either Sous Chef Bario Matalli in Stormwind or Sous Chef Shazdar in Orgrimmar, depending on which faction you're playing. If you thought bringing gold along could buy you the recipe, think again -- the recipe requires three Chef's Award, an item only obtainable through doing the cooking dailies. If you don't feel like doing dailies, you can just make the recipe below at home!
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- ¾ cup baking cocoa
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 cups chocolate chips
- Much like Nefarian in Blackwing Descent, this requires precision timing and handling two mobs at once, as well as dealing with heated areas. Practice your pillar jumping by hopping to the oven, and set the temperature for 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Raid layout should be split between dry ingredients and wet. No need to prep the cookie sheets for this one; your shammies can leave their nonstick totems at home!
- Send in the tank and DPS to combine the brown and white sugar, along with the softened butter and vanilla extract. Once the mob's health level drops from grainy to creamy, have a second off tank bring in the eggs and beat those into the mix.
- Put the secondary group on the dry ingredients. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa in a bowl by themselves.
- Bring both mobs together once the sugar, butter and egg mixture is smooth. Gradually have your secondary group bring in the flour and cocoa mixture and beat it all together until it's dough.
- Many chips, left side -- careful, now! Drop in your chocolate chips and lightly DPS the cookie dough with a wooden spoon.
- Watch the enrage timer. Drop the dough onto your ungreased cookie sheets -- about a tablespoon of dough per cookie -- and let the boss submerge into the oven for approximately 10-12 minutes. Fight's over once the boss is puffed up and set -- don't let it bake too long!
Hard mode on this fight is identical to regular except for the adds. Substitute chips of any flavor instead of the chocolate. The loot's the same -- delicious!
Set the loot chest on a wire rack to cool for two minutes, then remove the cookies from the chest and set them on a wire rack to cool completely. Are your raiders fighting over the epic drops? No worries -- this recipe makes between 2-3 dozen cookies, plenty for a 25-man raid and those four guys who had to sit!
Eat them while they're warm and squishy, or wait for them to finish cooling before you chow down. Don't forget a glass of Ice Cold Milk -- and feel better, at least a little!
Still a little confused?
Check the gallery below for an illustrated guide to making Chocolate Cookies -- cooking assistant not required!
World of WarCrafts spotlights art and creativity by WoW players, including arts and crafts, fan art, WoW-themed recipes, comics, cosplay, music and fan fiction. Show us how you express yourself by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your not-for-profit, WoW-inspired creations.
Filed under: World of WarCrafts