There's plenty of other juicy WoW news to be had, both from the PTR and elsewhere, and we have a quick roundup of the latest stuff for you as usual. You can check it out while you're waiting for the rolling restarts to get finished. They'll start at 5 a.m. Pacific time and last about an hour. Me, I've decided to spend the downtime watching Gnome Fukkireta over and over again, so I'll see you on the flipside.
Hot news and features
- Lead systems designer Greg Tiberius (not his real middle name) "Ghostcrawler" Street's written a new developer blog. This time, he discusses hit and expertise for tanks.
- The patch 4.1 PTR continues to be updated regularly. Check out the patch note changes for March 22.
- Blizzard's posted an official preview of Patch 4.1: Rise of the Zandalari.
- Cataclysm world bosses have new loot on the PTR.
- New archaeology rewards have shown up in the Patch 4.1 PTR files.
- There've also been some more patch 4.0.6 hotfixes released this week.
- We debut a new column, bringing you a look into the past with WoW beta patch 0.8.
- The Ask the Devs series continues over on the official forums. This week, we've seen answers to our PvP questions and UI questions.
- Is your guild hankering for a change of scenery? Soon, you'll be able to switch sides or switch servers without losing those precious guild levels.
- The Wrath of the Elements expansion for the WoW TCG will debut worldwide on April 26 and will include new loot cards.
- World of WarCrafts has some lovely whimsical Warcraft art.
Class news and guides
- Shifting Perspectives answers your bear and tree questions. We also have a guide to balance druid AoE and more tips for feral cat raiding.
- Totem Talk answers your shaman healing questions. We also have a guide to enhancement macros.
- Scattered Shots opens the hunter mailbag.
- Spiritual Guidance has a guide to raiding Blackwing Descent as a shadow priest and to healing the Twilight Ascendant Council.
- The Care And Feeding of Warriors has part 2 of our Cataclysm warrior tanking guide.
- Lichborne looks at how Blizzard is tinkering with death knight DPS utility on the patch 4.1 PTR.
- Arcane Brilliance talks up the frost tree.
- Encrypted Text has some rogue tips for you to steal.
- Raid Rx has tips for healing heroic Chimaeron.
- The Light And How To Swing It has a raid tankadin gear guide, as well as a healer's guide to Bastion of Twilight.
- Blood Pact discusses using Dark Intent.
Dungeons, items, professions, PvP, and more
- Ready Check offers some help with explaining boss fights.
- Gold Capped has some suggestions for improving the default auction house UI.
- Addon Spotlight improves your cast bars with Gnosis.
- WoW Rookie teaches you some manners.
- The OverAchiever helps you jumpstart the Mountain O' Mounts achievement.
Odds and ends
- Two Bosses Enter continues as Lord Godfrey takes on a special challenger.
- Check out the latest installment of Safe Passage.
- Our friends at the Bronze Kettle have created a social site for organizing BlizzCon 2011 meetups.
- Know Your Lore looks at the blood elves' path to the Horde and at Lady Sinestra.
- SwagDog lets you show your faction pride with new WoW-themed hockey shirts.
- The Lawbringer digs into the reader mailbag.
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm has destroyed Azeroth as we know it; nothing is the same! In WoW Insider's Guide to Cataclysm, you can find out everything you need to know about WoW's third expansion, from leveling up a new goblin or worgen to breaking news and strategies on endgame play.