Skip to Content
4-20-2011 @ 1:03PM
@KhazKhal - My WoW spreadsheet collection is crazy, lol! I had a spreadsheet in Wrath that I shared with guildies for Rep Grinds. Every daily, the amount of Rep it supplied, and a way to track your completed dailies on a daily basis. I haven't updated it for Cata yet, but it's still out there. I have a spreadsheet of all my alts (I play at least one of every class), and who they are paired up with for leveling so that I can make sure that squishies either have a tank or a healer with them at all times. I have gear spreadsheets so that I know how many JP I'm targeting for my next upgrade. I have a breakout of recommended rotations for my DPS, Gemming expectations, talent specs, stat priorities...This doesn't mention the spreadsheets I've collected since BC which helped me compute Hunter DPS (before it became an online available tool), or determine mitigation on gear to determine if it would be better for my avoidance tanking set (thanks CTC Stat Calculator spreadsheet from Rhidach!).Let me preface this with the fact that my job is heavy on data analysis. I spend probably 85% of my day in a spreadsheet. The other 15% is spent on the phone working through customer/team issues. Excel and PowerPoint are my two favorite tools and if I could do PPTs for raid preparation, I would. It's really a disease for me!I got conditioned to research fights from raiding. I always wanted to know what the boss/trash would do. If there was a priority for killing trash due to something that couldn't be interrupted or if there was a mob that needed to be CC'd. I wanted to know if someone was a healer, someone did a conal attack, etc. I've always felt that if I'm the tank, I should know these things to reduce the stress on the healer.I really hope I can find some guildies who want to run content and play regularly. LFD on normals is fine because I'm in control and familiar. LFD in heroics makes me want to throw myself on a sword. The sooner I can get some guild members who want to/can run heroics the quicker I'll be out of LFD. I've decided the rep grinds I'm working on are fine in normals.
First time? A confirmation email will be sent to you after submitting.
Members enter your username and password.
Enter your AOL or AIM screenname and password.
Please keep your comments relevant to this blog entry. Email addresses are never displayed, but they are required to confirm your comments.
When you enter your name and email address, you'll be sent a link to confirm your comment, and a password. To leave another comment, just use that password.
To create a live link, simply type the URL (including http://) or email address and we will make it a live link for you. You can put up to 3 URLs in your comments. Line breaks and paragraphs are automatically converted — no need to use <p> or <br /> tags.