We will be covering just the last 24 (or so) hours in this E3 roundup, so if you're interested in any of the information that came in over the weekend or early Monday, I highly recommend checking out the entirety of both Joystiq's coverage and Massively's coverage.
Gamers have been waiting some time now to hear what Sony had up its sleeve with the oft-referenced, rarely discussed handheld follow-up to the PSP. The Sony keynote put all rumors to rest, as Sony officially announced the Sony PlayStation Vita.
- If you want to read the events of the keynote as they happened, live from the LA Memorial Sports Arena, check out Joystiq's liveblog.
- The PlayStation Vita will launch by the end of 2011, starting at a price point of $249.
- Want Vita game trailers? Joystiq has game trailers.
- And here's a list of developers on board.
- If you want even more information on the PlayStation Vita and the rest of the Sony keynote, head over to Joystiq for its full coverage.
The Nintendo keynote from the Nokia Theater was what really got gamers talking today -- Nintendo announced a brand new console, the Nintendo Wii U. Much like the original Wii, this console puts quite a twist on gaming.
- If you want to read about the keynote events in the order they occurred, don't miss Joystiq's liveblog.
- Here are the system specs for the Wii U.
- Joystiq's JC Fletcher had an opportunity to try out the Wii U controller hands-on.
- Okay, so that's the controller ... but what games will we be seeing on this thing?
- Still want more information about Nintendo's new console or its continued 3DS support and new titles? Don't worry, Joystiq has plenty of it.
MMORPG news has been ever-present so far in E3 -- just about every platform has a hand in the MMO pot. Massively's coverage has everything you need to know.
- CCP Games has announced that DUST 514, the MMOFPS linked to the EVE Online universe, will be a PS3 exclusive.
- Check out the amazing cinematic trailer for Star Wars: The Old Republic.
- SyFy and Trion Worlds will be debuting MMO Defiance at E3, a game that will share worlds with a television show -- and interact with it.
- Plan on playing The Old Republic? You may want to check out Razer's new TOR peripherals.
- The Neverwinter MMO has a new site -- and a new trailer.
- WoW Insider Editor-in-Chief Dan O'Halloran is at E3 lending the Massively team a hand ... and that hand is all over The Old Republic's playable demo. Check out the diehard WoW player's thoughts on the game.
Filed under: News items