Okay, now that I have that out of my system, it's back to the WoW stuff. Don't get me wrong -- there's some pretty exciting stuff going on here, too. We have plenty of patch 4.2 news, as well as all the usual class, dungeon, profession, and PVP guides and discussions, waiting for you after the break. Scheduled maintenance this morning is from 5 a.m. to 11 a.m. PDT, so you should have plenty of time to read it all.
Hot news and features
- Lead Systems Designer Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street offers his opinion on the successes and failures of the Cataclysm talent tree revamp.
- It looks like the BlizzCon goodie bag will feature a Diablo-themed murloc pet for WoW players.
- The Winged Lion mount is now available for purchase at the Blizzard pet store. We have footage of the mount in action if you want to take a little test drive.
- Our guide to the patch 4.2 dailies continues. This week, we have Punting Season and Echoes of Nemesis.
- Check out the latest patch 4.2 PTR updates for March 31 and June 6.
- Check out the patch 4.1 hotfixes for June 1. We archaeologists would like to request a moment of silence for the loss of Bountiful Bags for keystones.
- Patch 4.2 will include some special pet taming challenges. Check out our video of one of them, Ahnka.
- Check out footage of the new patch 4.2 vanity pets and the new vanity item, Mylune's Call.
- Patch 4.2 has a new way to make your gear heroic.
- WoW Archivist tells the tale of one the first WoW theorycrafters.
- Our Cataclysm post-mortem series begins with an in-depth discussion of Hyjal.
Class news and guides
- Lichborne tackles the latest patch 4.2 death knight changes.
- The Light And How To Swing It looks at the patch 4.2 Holy Shield changes. We also deal with healing caps.
- Raid Rx discusses overcoming healer deaths.
- Encrypted Text explains why rogues have to be number one.
- Totem Talk answers your restoration shaman questions. We also have a state of the enhancement shaman address.
- The Care And Feeding of Warriors analyzes rage in Cataclysm.
- Shifting Perspectives continues a periodic discussion on the endangered bear tank. We also rhapsodize on the moonkin raison d'être.
- Spiritual Guidance has a guide to using Shadow Word: Death. We also have tips for healing heroic tier 11 raids.
- Scattered Shots looks at new hunter gear in patch 4.2.
- Blood Pact discusses warlock armor spells.
Dungeons, items, professions, PVP, and more
- Gold Capped helps you unload Books of Glyph Mastery.
- Ready Check helps you give your guild a social compatibility checkup.
- Addon GTFO helps you stay out of the fire.
- Blood Sport philosophizes on the reasons we arena.
- The Drama Mamas discuss loot drama on loot for cash runs.
- WoW Rookie has advice for playing WoW with a partner.
- The OverAchiever discusses mounts you can grab from professions.
Odds and ends
- Know Your Lore continues to examine the sources of magic. We also offer some crazy theories on the nature of the planes.
- All the World's a Stage lays out the tauren timeline.
- Rossi waxes eloquent on rediscovering his alts.
- The Lawbringer lays it all on the line: We must stop buying gold.
The news is already rolling out for the upcoming WoW Patch 4.2! Preview the new Firelands raid, marvel at the new legendary staff, and get the inside scoop on new quest hubs -- plus new Tier 12 armor!