These are more properly considered a subset of quest and reputation pets above, but most of them (not all) have the added benefit of being BOE. Check the Auction House for the opposite faction pets and any whose grinds you'd like to skip.
If you're a newcomer to the Argent Tournament, you'll find a pretty comprehensive guide on how to handle it. AT pets are also interesting in being potential rewards from the Satchel of Exotic Mysteries you receive as a Call To Arms reward, and that's a very lucrative state of affairs for tanks and healers.
- Ammen Vale Lashling Sold by the Draenei quartermaster Irisee for 40 Champion's Seals.
- Argent Squire (Alliance)/Argent Gruntling (Horde) This one's interesting. The initial version of this pet is a quest reward from a race-specific quest called A Champion Rises, which will happen after you've earned the right to represent a faction as a champion-rank jouster. For each faction you gain the right to represent, the Squire/Gruntling can display its banner for you (just talk to him and request whichever faction you want). If you purchase the Argent Pony Bridle at a steep 150 Champions' Seals, your Squire/Gruntling will also gain the ability to visit a mailbox, the bank, or a vendor on your behalf for 3 minutes every four hours.
- Dun Morogh Cub Sold by the Dwarven quartermaster Derrick Brindlebeard for 40 Champion's Seals.
- Durotar Scorpion Sold by the Orcish quartermaster Freka Bloodaxe for 40 Champion's Seals.
- Elwynn Lamb Sold by the Human quartermaster Corporal Arthur Flew for 40 Champion's Seals.
- Enchanted Broom Sold by the Blood Elven quartermaster Trellis Morningsun for 40 Champion's Seals.
- Mechanopeep Sold by the Gnomish quartermaster Rillie Spindlenut for 40 Champion's Seals.
- Mulgore Hatchling Sold by the Tauren quartermaster Doru Thunderhorn for 40 Champion's Seals.
- Sen'jin Fetish Sold by the Darkspear Troll quartermaster Samamba for 40 Champion's Seals.
- Shimmering Wyrmling Sold by the Silver Covenant quartermaster Hiren Loresong (Alliance) or the Sunreavers quartermaster Vasarin Redmorn (Horde) for 40 Champion's Seals.
- Teldrassil Sproutling Sold by the Night Elf quartermaster Rook Hawkfist for 40 Champion's Seals.
- Tirisfal Batling Sold by the Forsaken quartermaster Eliza Killian for 40 Champion's Seals.
Many profession pets (principally the engineering ones) used to be BOP, but that's no longer the case for all of them. Keep checking the Auction House, or shop around for a better deal. Given the number of people going for pet-related achievements these days, you will rarely find a good deal on the AH. If cost is an issue, contact a crafter directly.
- Chuck's Bucket Dropped rarely by the Bag of Fishing Treasures, but only on the fishing daily Crocolisks in the City (one of the Outland fishing dailies given by Old Man Barlo northeast of Shattrath).
- Clockwork Gnome A rare archaeology artifact from Dwarven archaeology. You'll probably get it as one of your earlier rare projects.
- Crawling Claw An epic archaeology artifact from Tol'vir archaeology. Because Tol'vir artifacts aren't available until you're reached 450 skill in archaeology at the earliest, it'll take some effort to get to this little ... uh, thing, but it's worth it. This is a really brilliantly animated little pet. Also, bank on a lot of work even once you reach it; it requires 150 Tol'vir fragments.
- De-Weaponized Mechanical Companion Crafted by a Gnomish engineer with at least 475 skill. Why yes, it is a clockwork bunny.
- Giant Sewer Rat This is a 1-in-1,000 drop fished up from the Dalaran sewers, although you can also get it from the Call to Arms satchel these days too.
- Magic Lamp (Alliance)/Enchanted Lantern (Horde) Crafted by an enchanter with at least 525 skill. Interestingly, these are actually separate pets, so check the AH for the opposite-faction version.
- Fossilized Hatchling A rare archaeology artifact from fossil archaeology, although (like the Clockwork Gnome above) you'll probably land it as a project fairly early. Most of the time, I see players get this somewhere in the 100 to150 skill range.
- Lifelike Mechanical Toad Crafted by an engineer with at least 265 skill.
- Lil' Smoky Crafted by an engineer with at least 205 skill. This used to be restricted to Gnomish engineers.
- Magical Crawdad This is one of the most interesting pets in the game but also one saddled with a truly stupendous amount of RNG. Getting a Crawdad involves fishing Mr. Pinchy, a magical, wish-granting lobster (just roll with it) out of the Highland Fishing Pools in Terokkar Forest (the small bodies of water only reachable via flying mount). This one pet probably merits an OverAchiever all to itself, but suffice it to say that Mr. Pinchy has the ability to grant wishes, and one of the five he can grant will give you this pet.
- Mechanical Squirrel Yet another engineering recipe, but this is the earliest one they can do. Crafted by an engineer with at least 75 skill.
- Muckbreath Dropped rarely by the Bag of Fishing Treasures, but only on the fishing daily Crocolisks in the City (one of the Outland fishing dailies given by Old Man Barlo northeast of Shattrath).
- Personal World Destroyer Crafted by a Goblin engineer with at least 475 skill. Why yes, it is a tiny Fel Reaver.
- Pet Bombling Crafted by an engineer with at least 205 skill. This was the Goblin engineer counterpart to Lil' Smoky above.
- Pterrordax Hatchling A rare archaeology artifact from fossil archaeology.
- Snarly Dropped rarely by the Bag of Fishing Treasures, but only on the fishing daily Crocolisks in the City (one of the Outland fishing dailies given by Old Man Barlo northeast of Shattrath).
- Strand Crawler Like the crocolisk pets, this little guy (a Ghostcrawler doppelganger!) can be found in a fishing reward bag, but unlike the crocolisk, it can drop from any of them. Found in either the Bag of Shiny Things or the Bag of Fishing Treasures.
- Toothy Dropped rarely by the Bag of Fishing Treasures, but only on the fishing daily Crocolisks in the City (one of the Outland fishing dailies given by Old Man Barlo northeast of Shattrath).
- Tranquil Mechanical Yeti Crafted by an engineer with at least 250 skill.
- Voodoo Figurine A rare archaeology artifact from Troll archaeology.
Working on achievements? The Overachiever is here to help! Count on us for advice on Azeroth's holidays and special events, including new achievements, how to get 310% flight speed with achievement mounts, and Cataclysm reputation factions and achievements.