For one week at the top of each month, players will get to play games and carnival attractions, complete quests, and earn tickets to purchase prizes including old replica dungeon gear, new companion pets and mounts, and heirlooms. Each game at the Faire has a daily quest associated with it that rewards tickets. Let's explore the games of the Darkmoon Island.
- Carnie Jessica Rogers
- Objective Toss 10 rings near the Darkmoon Turtle.
- Daily quest Target: Turtle. Land four rings on the Dubenko, the Darkmoon Turtle. Rewards five Darkmoon Prize Tickets.
- Difficulty 2/5. That damn turtle likes to move a split second after you toss your ring sometimes, and tossing a ring has a short cast time, so plan accordingly. Other than that, Ring Toss is a simple game, and Dubenko is adorable.
- Carnie Finlay Coolshot
- Objective Drive your tonk through the war zone, blasting enemy tonks and minizeps while avoiding your own destruction.
- Daily quest Tonk Commander. Destroy 20 targets in the tonk battle arena. Rewards five Darkmoon Prize Tickets.
- Difficulty 2/5. You have to get really close to the targets in order to secure your kills for your tickets, but you can play multiple times and your score carries over for the daily quest. Boost to avoid enemy tonks and your jerky friends looking to slow down your daily quest.
- Carnie Rinling
- Objective Aim your rifle at one of three targets that is marked by a green arrow by pointing your character in its direction and firing.
- Daily quest He Shoots, He Scores! Hit 25 targets in Shooting Gallery. Rewards five Darkmoon Prize Tickets.
- Difficulty 4/5. If you don't know what you're doing, this could be a pain. But you do know what you're doing and how this game works, because you're reading this synopsis. If there are a lot of people around the Shooting Gallery booth, you might have some trouble aiming. Thankfully, you can just wait until things clear out a bit. Overall, it's fast-paced and fun.
- Carnie Maxima Blastenheimer and her Blastenheimer 5000 Ultra Cannon
- Objective Fire yourself from the cannon and land in the middle of the target in the water near the Darkmoon boardwalk.
- Daily quest The Humanoid Cannonball. Score five points in The Humanoid Cannonball by landing as close to the center of the bull's-eye as possible. Rewards five Darkmoon Prize Tokens.
- Difficulty 3/5. As long as you hit near the target, you'll get one point. You'll get three points for landing in the ring around the target and the full five points for a bull's-eye. I've gotten some pretty close calls on the bull's-eye and wasn't given the three points -- I call foul, carnies. Anyway, once you figure out when to drop your wings, the game is pretty simple and an easy way to get some prize tickets every day. That first few shots out of the cannon will throw you for a loop, which I would imagine getting fired out of a cannon can do to someone.
- Carnie Mola
- Objective Swing your hammer at the gnolls that pop up from the barrels in the game area, but avoid hitting children. Seriously, don't hit the kids!
- Daily quest It's Hammer Time. Score 30 points at Whack-a-Gnoll. Rewards five Darkmoon Prize Tickets.
- Difficulty 3/5. I hit more children in Whack-a-Gnoll than I wanted to, if only because I became overzealous and spiteful of the gnolls. You've got one button, so mash accordingly. Whack-a-Gnoll is the hardest game to predict and therefore does require some concentration, but it's way fun, fast-paced, and easy enough to just zonk out with and smash gnolls. I hate their stupid, smug faces.
Check out our video tour of the Darkmoon Faire Island for more antics and attractions that the Faire will offer in patch 4.3.
Brace yourselves for what could be some of most exciting updates to the game recently with patch 4.3. Review the official patch notes, and then dig into what's ahead: new item storage options, cross-realm raiding, cosmetic armor skinning and your chance to battle the mighty Deathwing -- from astride his back!
Filed under: Cataclysm