Anyway, this week I decided to put together a few more transmogs based on Nintendo characters. A lot of readers were asking for more, so I made one for Princess Zelda, Toad, and Roy (you know, from Fire Emblem and Super Smash Bros. -- everyone loves Roy!).
Princess Zelda takes on many different forms from one game to the next. Sometimes she's blonde, sometimes a brunette, and at one point, I'd say she was bordering on being a redhead. Her outfit changes quite a bit too, both in color and design, which gives us a lot of flexibility in the directions we can take on creating this transmog.
As I said earlier, there aren't a lot of pink clothes in the game, so I derived my color palette from her outfit in Ocarina of Time while basing the design off her appearance in Twilight Princess. Admittedly, the lack of pink does make it hard to quickly identify this transmog as Zelda, but if you were to pair it up with the Link outfit we covered a few weeks ago, players would have no trouble figuring it out.
- Head Soulcatcher Halo
- Shoulders Oasis Mantle
- Chest Rat Hair Vest
- Tabard Guild Tabard Try the Tabard of the Kirin Tor if you can't convince your guild leader to make your guild tabard pretty and purple for some reason!
- Wrists Arcanoweave Bracers
- Hands Gloves of Penitence
- Waist Magister's Belt
- Legs Soothsayer's Kilt
- Feet Boots of the Long Road
- Main-hand weapon Crystalforged Sword My reasoning behind giving a sword to Zelda at all is because this is the sword I used as the Master Sword for my Link transmog.
The biggest difficult with Toad is figuring out how to approach his shoulders. You could use Aurora Mantle and try to blend his pauldrons into his shirt, but I always find the aesthetic somewhat bothersome. Instead, I picked some rather ornate shoulders that match the rest of his outfit and called it a day.
- Head Duskwoven Turban
- Shoulders Windchanneller's Mantle
- Chest Regal Armor
- Wrists Bloodband Bracers
- Hands Heavy Linen Gloves
- Waist Captain Sanders' Sash (Alliance) or Apothecary's Waistband (Horde)
- Legs Leggings of Brown Grass (Horde) or Archaeologist's Pants (Alliance)
- Feet Slavehandler Footpads
If you know who Roy is, chances are you'll also know who Marth is. Take a look at the both of them side by side and you'll realize the two of them have nearly identical outfits. With that in mind, feel free to use this transmog to make your character into Marth. You'll probably be most successful if you're a death knight or night elf and thus able to sport blue hair.
- Head Jade Circlet
- Shoulders Lighthammer Pauldrons
- Back Crimson Silk Cloak Roy's cloak is actually two-toned, with a red lining and a blue exterior. There aren't many cloaks in WoW like this, so I picked a cloak that matched the red lining of Roy's cloak. If you'd like to go blue, try the Azure Silk Cloak instead.
- Chest Steel-Backed Hauberk
- Tabard Tabard of the Lightbringer This tabard may be pretty hard to get, even at level 85, but it's honestly worth all the time and effort it takes to get it. So go get it!
- Hands Cobalt Gauntlets
- Waist Clasp of the Fallen Demi-God
- Legs Leggings of Protective Auras
- Feet Impatient Boots (Horde and Alliance versions available)
Patch 4.3 lets you transmogrify your gear to look like any other gear your class can wear -- but you have to collect it first. Check out our coverage of transmogrification and start running those old dungeons!
Filed under: Transmogrification