A few months back, I had a reader share a Celes Chere transmog in the comments of one my articles, and I've been wanting to do some Final Fantasy VI transmogs ever since. So for today's column, I've reproduced that reader's transmog, as well as two more for Terra Branford and Locke Cole. I would have liked to do my other two favorite characters, Shadow and Relm Arrowny, but WoW doesn't offer much in the way of fluffy harem pants and skin-tight ninja masks. Phooey! (Ten points if you get that reference.)
For Terra, or Tina if you're a purist, I had to go with a plate transmog because there aren't many skimpy cloth tops in red. Sadly, this means I had to takes some liberties with the silhouette of the character. I'd would have preferred skin-tight gloves and boots for Terra's outfit, but there aren't many available to plate wearers.
- Shoulders Shattered Hand Epaulets Random world drop.
- Back Cloak of Warding Tailoring cloak.
- Chest Warlord's Iron-Breastplate Random world drop. Bash'ir's Harbinger in Blade's Edge Mountains offers the highest drop rate.
- Hands Bloodforged Gauntlets Random world drop.
- Waist Shadesteel Girdle Blacksmithing belt.
- Legs Lofty Legguards Random world drop.
- Feet Lavawalker Greaves Boss drop (Maleki the Pallid in Stratholme).
Locke's outfit in the game is actually a dark blue, but I found it a bit easier to use muted blacks like he wears in the original concept art by Yoshitaka Amano. Unfortunately, the concept art makes him look a bit more like a thief than a treasure hunter (which I know he'd object to), but sometimes you've just got to make sacrifices.
- Head Wicked Leather Headband Leatherworking helm.
- Shoulders Taut Dragonhide Shoulderpads Raid boss drop (Chromaggus in Blackwing Lair).
- Chest Vest of Discovery Quest reward from Villains of Darrowshire.
- Shirt Undercity Doublet Purchased from Broxel Goldgrasp at the Argent Tournament in Icecrown. Alliance players will want to use the Darnassus Doublet, which is sold by the same vendor.
- Wrists Shadow Wing Armbands Raid boss drop (Warmaster Blackhorn in Dragon Soul).
- Hands Dark Leather Gloves Leatherworking gloves.
- Waist Rejuvenating Cord Quest reward from Stop the Ascension!
- Legs Dark Leather Pants Leatherworking pants.
- Feet Chop Chop Boots Quest reward from Chop Chop.
- Main-hand weapon Blood-Guided Knife Quest reward from Escape from Firewing Point!
As I said earlier, I can't take any credit for this transmog. It was assembled by the reader sbass607 (who ought to email me if they'd like to be credited in some other way). This outfit consists almost entirely of random world drops, so you have a lot of farming ahead of you.
- Head Templar Crown Random world drop. Gretheer in Silithus offers the highest drop rate.
- Shoulders Pauldrons of the Argent Sentinel Raid boss drop (Morogrim Tidewalker in Serpenshrine Cavern).
- Back Bonelink Cape Random world drop.
- Chest Emerald Breastplate Random world drop.
- Wrists Templar Bracers Random world drop.
- Hands Overlord's Gauntlets Random world drop. Fronkle the Disturbed in Tanaris offers the highest drop rate.
- Waist Emerald Girdle Random world drop. Zora in Silithus offers the highest drop rate.
- Legs Lofty Legguards Random world drop. These are the same legs used in the Terra transmog above.
- Feet Vanguard Sabatons Random world drop.
- Main-hand weapon Lord General's Sword Boss drop (General Angerforge in Blackrock Depths).
Got a Final Fantasy VI transmog of your own? Post it in the comments!
Patch 4.3 lets you transmogrify your gear to look like any other gear your class can wear -- but you have to collect it first. Check out our coverage of transmogrification and start running those old dungeons!
Filed under: Transmogrification