The outfit was put together by Hedgewocket on Lightbringer (EU) and is a close replica of the outfit worn by Chromie. Chromie is, of course, the
Anyway, when I first saw Hedgewocket's transmog, I knew right away that I'd have to feature it on WoW Insider one day. Fortunately for you (because I know you all love Chromie), that day is today.
- Shoulders Gossamer Shoulderpads Random world drop. These shoulders don't match the original pair worn by Chromie perfectly, but they're the closest pair you'll find with the same general shape and color.
- Chest Runecloth Robe Tailoring robe.
- Hands Mystical Gloves Random world drop. You can also use Black Mageweave Gloves, which are crafted through tailoring.
- Waist Gossamer Belt Random world drop. You could probably swap this out for any other discreet gold or white belt. What you're going for here is something that blends in with the Runecloth Robe and looks like it's just part of it. This is because Chromie doesn't actually wear a belt over her robe.
- Feet Sandals of Tainted Blood Quest reward from Dark Vessels in The Hinterlands. I picked these boots out to match better with the Mystical Gloves. If you end up using the Black Mageweave Gloves, you may want to go with Water-Drill Treads, the original boots Hedgewocket uses.
- Main-hand weapon Redemption Boss drop (Willey Hopebreaker in Stratholme).
Chromie wears a slightly different outfit when she appears in Northrend. This second outfit features a new pair of shoulders, a cloak, and different-colored boots and gloves. Her gold armor is different as well, but since that can't be replicated by players anyway, we don't need to worry about it.
Unfortunately, the Northrend outfit can only be worn by priests. The shoulders for the outfit are priest-only, and sadly there are no other cloth shoulders using that model and color set that can be equipped by mages and warlocks.
So if you are a gnome priest (and really, why wouldn't you be?) and want to dress up like Chromie, equip the following armor in place of the respective pieces from the original outfit above.
- Shoulders Light-Mantle of the Incarnate Purchased from Arodis Sunblade (The Scryers) or Asuur (The Aldor) in Shattrath City with Pauldrons of the Fallen Defender. Pauldrons of the Fallen Defender drop from High King Maulgar in Gruul's Lair.
- Back Shroud of Reverberation Boss drop (Volkhan in Halls of Lightning).
- Hands Black Mageweave Gloves Tailoring gloves.
- Feet Vicious Embersilk Boots Tailoring boots. You could also use Guardian's Mooncloth Slippers, which can be purchased from the Legacy Armor Quartermaster in your faction's capital city.
Patch 4.3 lets you transmogrify your gear to look like any other gear your class can wear -- but you have to collect it first. Check out our coverage of transmogrification and start running those old dungeons!
Filed under: Transmogrification