They're the comments and misconceptions that will just never die.
Part of what we do here at WoW Insider -- and one of the reasons I think we've been so successful over the years -- is that we get the right message out there about these misconceptions. Yet still, no matter how many times we answer them in The Queue or elsewhere, we still hear them. This is just the nature of a community that's as large as WoW (and yes, 9.1 million is still large). But enough philosophy.
Let's talk about some of the biggest misconceptions and comments you hear that never, ever go away. I'll start:
- The B team is running WoW. (This isn't true, not by a long shot.)
- Ghostcrawler destroyed WoW. (Not true; he was there even during most people's "good old days.")
- Multiboxers are counted twice in the subscription numbers. (They're not.)
- Blizzard rushes patch ideas out. (Rarely, if ever, is this true. Most big ideas are done months, if not a year, in advance.)
- No one at Blizzard reads the forums. (Also not true; I've witnessed them reading the forums with my own eyes.)
- Zarhym, Nethaera, Bashiok, etc., can all fix servers, and they should be doing this instead of commenting on the forums (which they don't read, of course).
It's open warfare between Alliance and Horde in Mists of Pandaria, World of Warcraft's next expansion. Jump into five new levels with new talents and class mechanics, try the new monk class, and create a pandaren character to ally with either Horde or Alliance. Look for expansion basics in our Mists FAQ, or dig into our spring press event coverage for more details!
Filed under: Breakfast Topics