15 Minutes of Fame is looking for players who are making waves in the game world or weaving their love of WoW into their lives.
- Send up your tips! Who's doing something intriguing, something useful, or simply playing the game in a way that makes you say, "Wow, that sounds cool!"? (Examples: An all-dwarf guild, a player who collects dresses, the duo behind a transmog business.) Let us know what they're up to.
- Send us your nominations! While an interview with 15 Minutes of Fame isn't exactly designed to be an achievement award for good behavior or service to the gaming community, we'd love to talk with anyone out there who's doing good stuff. (Examples: A guild for players with social anxiety, the quadriplegic player compiling resources for other disabled players, the raider who plays "guide dog" to a blind guildmate.) Know anyone out there who's doing it right?
- Send us your requests! Who's the Mr. Nice Guy behind that warrior on your realm that everyone seems to know and like? Who's the gnome behind the WoW-themed crochet patterns you download as quickly as can post them? Who's the savvy player behind your favorite class resource site? We'll find out.
Azeroth's Most Wanted List Maybe you know someone who fits the bill from the list of players we've been searching for. Check out our Most Wanted List after the break.
Azeroth's Most Wanted: In search of these players
Do you know these players?
- The all-worgen guild Back when Cataclysm was fresh, there were a lot of these groups out there. Sure, the new's worn off, but it still sounds like a howlingly good time. Where are the worgen?
- The charitable type We've all heard of Child's Play, the gaming industry charity dedicated to improving the lives of children with toys and games. Do you know anyone who's come up with another way to use WoW to raise funds for a charitable cause?
- The success story Are you an artist, blogger, designer, modder or other WoW hobbyist whose WoW-centric projects have helped catapult you into your chosen profession?
- The home decorator Some people just can't help showing their Horde, Alliance or overall Azerothian pride. Do you know someone whose home decor makes more than passing reference to Azeroth?
- The kiting king We know you're out there -- that player who sees every new NPC as an opportunity in kiting. Tell us about your most impressive feats of kiting!
- The hardened old hand We're looking for an A-team raider who's 55+ years old and still going through hard modes with the best of them.
- The battle-scarred veteran Who taught you the ropes in the arena? Battle-hardened gladiators, we're looking for you.
- That guy with the website Who's writing about WoW or making a WoW-related website or mod or cartoon or machinima or service that you'd like to know more about? Drop me a line and tell me who you think is fascinating!
"I never thought of playing WoW like that!" -- and neither did we, until we talked with Game of Thrones' Hodor (Kristian Nairn) ... a blind ex-serviceman and the guildmates who keep him raiding as a regular ... and a 70-year-old grandma who tops her raid's DPS charts as its legendary-wielding GM. Send your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org.