Mists of Pandaria comes ever closer, and Blizzard's gearing up, from announcing launch events to showing TV spots. My favorite piece of news this week, however, is Ghostcrawler's triumphant entrance to Twitter. You can now receive Greg T. Street's wit and wisdom delivered to your smartphone in bursts of approximately 140 characters each. I myself was able to get some clarity on a question that's been near and dear to my heart for some time. Does the "T" stand for Tiberius? Ghostcrawler told me it doesn't, but he's willing to entertain a name change. I'd say that's what our country is all about, ladies and gentlemen.
As of this writing, downtime today starts at 3 a.m. PDT, and is expected to last at least 8 hours. If you've already caught up on Ghostcrawler's twitter stream, why not stay here with us? Read on for a rundown of the best news and features from the past 7 days.
Hot news and features
- The Battleground Call to Arms is no longer limited to the weekends.
- Blizzard is asking for your feedback on low level class balance.
- Li Li's Travel Journal continues with a stop in the Dawning Valley.
- Ghostcrawler explains why the devs can't please everyone with hamburgers.
- Fishing no longer requires a pole.
- Rage tanks got some buffs over on the beta.
- Ask Creative Development Round III's answers are finally here.
- Rossi has five features he'd love to see in WoW. He also has some words on the exclusivity of the new talents.
- Alison discusses the merits of user generated content for WoW.
- Jaina destroys Orgrimmar. It's not canon of course, but I won't lie. I wish it was.
- We highlight the unique look of the Journeyman's Vest as a centerpiece for your transmogrification outfits.
- Want to play a Windwalker monk in Mists of Pandaria? We have a guide for that.
- Lichborne has a guide for unholy death knights in Mists of Pandaria.
- Shifting Perspectives discusses the state of rage for guardian druids.
- Encrypted Text wishes Fangs of the Father had been a little different.
- Scattered Shots reviews some hunter bugs and oddities that have cropped up with patch 5.0.4.
- The Light And How To Swing It rounds up patch 5.0.4 for tankadins.
- The Care And Feeding of Warriors talks about protection warriors in patch 5.0.4.
- Addon Spotlight answers your patch 5.0.4 questions.
- Alt:ernative has constructed a battle pet database.
- The Overachiever helps you take down the Darkmoon Rabbit.
- Blog Azeroth asks what spell from another class you'd want for your main character.
- WoW Archivist looks back at Hellfire Peninsula and what it might tell us about what waits for us in Jade Forest.
- Everyone's favorite floating skull, Zarhym, was named Community Manager of the Year at Dragon*Con 2012.
- Know Your Lore thinks the Alliance needs a Warchief and that It doesn't matter if Elune is a Naaru.
- Check out our look at a real life WoW-themed wedding.
- The US and EU mentor guilds have been announced.