I was underwhelmed. There wasn't a lot of challenge in it (although that's what Challenge Mode dungeons are for), and it felt a little too Rift-ey for my taste. But that said, I'm not entirely sure this isn't exactly what Blizzard's going for: quick and easy. Let's also not make the mistake of judging an entire book by just one chapter.
The reactions from the community have been interesting as well. I reached out to our Twitter and Facebook audience last night, and they came back with some notable takes on the scenario:
- Jpsmith says: "The scenario was great! Needs lead up quest to explain why Horde attacks."
- Mingusunt tweets: "Reaction to Theramore: All the hype for that?"
- Atara tweeted: "Seems you needed to read Tides of War to get the full story. A simple intro quest would have helped fill in the story gaps."
- Glong said: "I've never seen a prexpac event last 10 min."
- Brandon commented: "RIP Theramore, I'll have many fond memories of using you as a passageway into the Alliance lands. - Love, an Undead Rogue"
- James said: "Was fun but was expecting more out of it story-wise. Resounding "meh"."
So let's open up the flood gates and talk about it... what do you think of Theramore's Fall?
It's open warfare between Alliance and Horde in Mists of Pandaria, World of Warcraft's next expansion. Jump into five new levels with new talents and class mechanics, try the new monk class, and create a pandaren character to ally with either Horde or Alliance. Look for expansion basics in our Mists FAQ, or dig into our spring press event coverage for more details!
Filed under: Breakfast Topics