In non-patch 5.2 news, this is a good season for in-game holidays. Love Is In the Air is around again, and we, of course, have a guide. As of this writing there's still no announced downtime, but whether you're waiting out some downtime or just making your morning rounds, why not keep reading for more informative articles and the latest patch news?
Hot news and features
- Check out the latest patch 5.2 PTR notes for February 5.
- Yes, it's confirmed. Your valor and conquest points will be rest for patch 5.2.
- Yes, Tabard storage is still in development. Don't expect it for a while though.
- We have previews of some more Throne of Thunder bosses: Check out Dark Animus and the beholder boss Durumu the Forgotten.
- The patch 5.2 Isle of Thunder War Effort progression will be weighted by faction balance.
- Direhorn Mounts are coming as exalted reputation rewards in patch 5.2.
- Current raids will get a 10% nerf in patch 5.2.
- Find out how to own Sunsong Ranch in patch 5.2. Me, I'm just relieved Yoon isn't giving up his dreams after all.
- Patch 5.2 brings new fishing events and pets.
- Ol' Grumpy has a few things to say about the idea that WoW's been dumbed down.
Class news and guides
- Yes, Warlocks, green fire is finally coming in patch 5.2. We'll help you get it. If you get it and don't like it, don't worry. You can toggle it off.
- Hunters are getting Powershot repaired for patch 5.2.
- We have a guide to the patch 5.2 monk changes.
- Spiritual Guidance looks at the latest patch 5.2 priest changes.
- The Care And Feeding of Warriors has a guide to leveling to 30 in the Mists era.
- Encrypted Text has a look at the cat and mouse nature of rogue PvP.
- The Light and How To Swing It has some completely silly advice retribution paladins should never follow for causing trouble.
- Want to get started on pet battles? We'll help you build a basic arsenal.
- The Darkmoon Faire's gone again, but when it comes back, why not capture a Crow?
- Still haven't tried transmogrification? Can't get the hang of making outfits? We have a newbie's guide to jumping on the style train.
- Addon Spotlight looks at your bag addon recommendations.
- The mysterious Project Blackstone website is live. It appears to be an ARG for the upcoming Starcraft game.
- Know Your Lore speculates on the nature of primeval Azeroth. We also have a lore guide to patch 5.2's other antagonists, the Zandalari.
- Read an excerpt from Blizzard's upcoming novel Dawn of the Aspects.
- Can WoW and other MMOs offer fresh insights into literature and storytelling?
- World of Warcraft has dropped to 9.6 million subscribers.
- Adam wants to see Kazzak visit Stormwind again.