Luckily, we've been keeping on top of it all, and we've been continuing our patch 5.2 PTR coverage as well. As of this writing, there's still no announced downtime for this morning, but whether there is or not, you'll want to get caught up on all the crazy stuff that happened over the past 7 days. Read on for our usual roundup.
Hot news and features
- Blizzcon is back, baby. This year it will be on November 8 and 9 in Anaheim, CA.
- PVP season 10 ends March 5.
- House Majority Leader Eric Cantor claimed a WoW study was siphoning $1.2 million in federal grant money. It turns out, he was wrong. It only cost $5,000, none of which was from the US government.
- Check out the latest patch 5.2 PTR patch note updates for February 19.
- Our patch 5.2 bosses previews continue with a look at the Council of Elders and at Primordius.
- Diablo III is coming to Playstation 3 and Playstation 4. Not only that, it may have an offline play mode on those consoles.
- Blizzard has just released part one of Richard Knaak's new serial novel, Dawn of the Aspects. We have a review.
- Rossi discusses the warning signs of player burnout and what you can do about them. He follows it up with a psalm to those days when it gets better.
Class news and guides
- Spiritual Guidance covers the latest changes to discipline in patch 5.2.
- We continue our look at patch 5.2 changes for monks.
- The Light And How To Swing It examines retribution gear in the upcoming Throne of Thunder raid.
- Scattered Shots ranks the hunter trinkets of patch 5.2.
- Blood Pact looks at the warlock loot of patch 5.2.
- The Care And Feeding of Warriors has a guide to leveling warriors from 61 to 90 in the Mists era.
- Encrypted Text studies the assassination AoE rotation.
- Select EU realms will now have expanded cross-language battleground queues.
- We have a guide to getting started with addons.
- WoW Insider's readers offer their speed leveling tips.
- Guildox is now offering a list of the most popular achievements and titles in WoW.
- Will the Oculus Rift finally be the VR headset that goes with WoW like peanut butter and jelly? You have to admit, with a name like that, it already feels like it's got a good chance.
- As of patch 5.2, Mac OS X 10.6 will no longer be support by WoW.
- Know Your Lore discusses the state of the Alliance command structure, and recaps the lore and story leading up to patch 5.2.
- All The World's A Stage is ending, but don't worry. It's leaving behind a complete guide to roleplaying in WoW.
- Do you like Minecraft? Here's a new Minecraft texture pack with Mists of Pandaria stuff for your perusal.
- Someone has recreated the Scholomance dungeon in Skyrim.