Happy Tuesday morning everyone. We're a week into the new patch, and with a new patch comes new bugs. Among the biggest bugs to crop up in the wake of patch 5.2 so far were a pet leveling XP bug that let you level from 1-89 in a matter of hours, and a monk DPS bug that let them do massive damage. Both have been hotfixed.
Bugs are to be expected of course, and I find it sort of fun to see what crops up. Blizzard, of course, is pretty good about smashing them down, so in the end, I just like to sit back and watch the show. If bugs aren't your thing, there's plenty of other cool things going down with the patch. Downtime this morning starts at 5:00 a.m. PDT and is expected to last 6 hours, so you have time to catch up on the news. Read on for a roundup of patch 5.2 and the guides you'll need to get the most out of all the new content.
Hot news and features
- Check out the official patch 5.2 patch notes.
- With a new patch comes new hotfixes. Check out the latest patch 5.2 hotfixes for March 5, March 7,
- Want to know when you get to kill Lei Shen? Check the Throne of Thunder raid release schedule. While you're it at, review our Throne of Thunder boss guides as well.
- The Isle of Giants isn't as well known as the Isle of Thunder, but you may want to head out there anyway.
- Wondering if patch 5.2 is worth getting back into WoW? Here's 5 reasons why it's worth it to resubscribe (or just log on again).
- If the new patch enticed you resubscribe, Blizzard has a returning players guide.
- There's new Lorewalkers lore to be found on the Isle of Thunder, and we have a guide to grabbing it.
- We help you find the new Zandalari Warbringer rare mobs.
- Want to catch the new elite battle pets? We have a guide.
- Yes, you can level via pet battles now.
- Wrathion's back with more legendary quests for you to complete. We have a quick roundup of your tasks for this patch.
Class news and guides
- Ghostcrawler and Daxxari have teamed up to offer patch 5.2 class reviews.
- The Care And Feeding of Warriors analyzes the patch 5.2 arms warrior.
- Encrypted Text analyzes rogue tier 15 set bonuses.
- Lichborne looks at some more patch 5.2 loot.
- Spiritual Guidance has a guide to priest loot in patch 5.2.
- The Light And How To Swing It offers keybinding advice for your retribution paladin.
- Blood Pact discusses the use and usefulness of SimulationCraft for warlocks.
Dungeons, items, PvP, and more
- Want your very own mount? We'll tell you where, when and how to get one.
- We have a rundown of all the patch 5.2 PvP changes.
- There may be a few problems with the new low level battleground scaling function.
- As of patch 5.2, you can no longer use /follow in battlegrounds.
- Blizzard has confirmed that skirmishes will return to WoW, eventually.
- The new battleground UI makes sure you don't leave friends behind when you queue.
- Sky Claw, hierloom shields, and Pierre are among the items that didn't make it in with this patch.
- The rare Scourged Whelpling does exist, and we have a guide to its abilities in pet battles.
Odds and ends
- Sam Raimi recently had a few things to say about why he's not directing the Warcraft movie.
- Know Your Lore examines Aethas Sunreaver and the Sunreaver Onslaught and relates the history and origins of the mogu.
- Are Blizzard's paid services reasonably priced?
- 15 Minutes of Fame sat down for another talk with blind player Ben Shaw about raiding while blind.