Happy Tuesday morning, everyone. We continue to be in a holding pattern of sorts. Patch 5.3 is still going strong on the PTR, but we have no word on a release date. Luckily, patch 5.2 is still going strong as well, with new secrets being discovered as early as just last week. There's also new stuff outside of WoW, from new short stories, to new merchandise, to some interesting viewpoints on the function of gear in the game.
Our usual roundup, featuring all these stories and more, can be found below. Scheduled maintenance today is expected to begin at 3 a.m. PDT and last for 8 hours, so you have plenty of time to read. Keep it tuned here as well. Whenever the patch lands, we'll be here to report on all the details.
Hot news and features
- The latest patch 5.2 hotfixes include nerfs to the Lei Shen encounter in Raid Finder.
- Firecat form has made a secret return in patch 5.2. We'll show you how to get it.
- Blizzard has published an official preview of patch 5.3.
- Heirloom shields may be coming as soon as patch 5.3.
- Patch 5.3 comes with new achievements for collectors.
- Do you feel pretty? Patch 5.3 brings with it the chance to obtain the Gorgeous title.
- We have a temporary fix to that gold seller calendar invite spam.
- Adam believes gear should be abolished. Rossi argues gear is far too important and useful for it to be removed.
- Could the SWTOR Legacy system be a good fit for WoW?
- Do you have a favorite way to die in WoW? We share some of ours in this article.
- Want to dive into Warcraft lore? We have a fresh compilation of sources and stories for you to read.
- Encrypted Text discusses the patch 5.3 rogue nerfs.
- Blood Pact continues digging through warlock damage logs.
- Lichborne has a death knight wish list for the inevitable new expansion.
- The Care And Feeding of Warriors discusses the fun factor of warrior attacks.
- Should WoW have a deathmatch battleground? Nethaera weighed in earlier last week.
- PvP Developer Brian Holinka recently weighed in the state of tie games in arena PvP.
- What's your favorite fight from classic WoW?
- The newest WoW faction short story, Bleeding Sun, is now available.
- World of Warcraft goes mainstream with an appearance in the New York Times crossword puzzle.
- Know Your Lore relates the lessons we learned from the Lich King. We also have a profile of Anveena Teague.
- The newest Superman loves World of Warcraft.
- Blizzard's finally packing antivirus software along with the base game, but only in South Africa.
- WoW community member Lore has been hired by Blizzard.
- 15 Minutes of Fame interviews some blood elf roleplayers.
- Check out the amazing Void Terror card from Hearthstone.
- Chinese WoW merchandiser NetEase has released a Mists of Pandaria Mahjong set.