A new round of patch notes
have hit for the patch 5.4 PTR. This time around, there seem to be very few class changes, but plenty of updates for professions. In addition to the numerous profession updates and tweaks is one update to Wrathion's legendary quest chain that ought to make those working to catch up very, very happy.
- The first eight bosses in the Siege of Orgrimmar raid all have a chance to drop a Sigil of Power, Sigil of Wisdom, Secrets of the Empire, or Titan Runestone. This is in addition to their normal loot table, and the items will drop according to what step of Wrathion's quest you happen to be completing.
- Items that were formerly obtainable with Valor Points that have been changed to cost Justice Points, as well as gear from new PvP recipes or plans will now disenchant into Sha Crystal Fragments. Multiple Fragments can be combined into a Sha Crystal.
- Fishing fanatics, don't worry -- the Jewel Danio formerly swimming happily in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms have now been relocated to the Timeless Isle.
You can see the full list of patch notes at the official site
, but if you'd just like a list of the new changes, follow after the break for a consolidated list.
- Vengeance has received several changes.
- So as not to affect Challenge Mode leader boards, the above Vengeance changes will not apply there. For Challenge Modes, Vengeance will continue to work as it did in patch 5.3.
- The amount of healing stored on a Wild Mushroom is now reduced by Battle Fatigue.
- Dream of Cenarius has been completely redesigned to reduce complexity and increase usability, but maintain the spirit of the effects. Benefits now vary by specialization.
- Guardian: Increases the amount healed by Healing Touch by 20%. Increases the critical strike chance of Mangle (Bear) by 10% and critical strikes of Mangle (Bear) have a 40% chance to make the next Healing Touch or Rebirth instant, free, and castable in all forms. Instant cast version of Healing Touch now benefits from Attack Power instead of Spell Power.
- Rushing Jade Wind has been redesigned and replaces Spinning Crane Kick.
- Rushing Jade Wind: The Monk summons a whirling tornado around them, dealing damage to nearby enemies (heals nearby allies for Mistweavers). Rushing Jade Wind has the same costs, Chi generation, and periodic rate as Spinning Crake kick, but, deals 60% of the periodic damage or healing, lasts 6 seconds, is instant, and not channeled.
- Holy Insight now increases the effectiveness of Eternal Flame, Light of Dawn, and Word of Glory by 50%. Effectiveness of other heals are still increased by 25%.
- Sacred Shield
and Retribution: Sacred Shield is 30% less effective.
Shadow Word: Death damage is now increased by 80% when used on enemies that have less than 20% health, but the cooldown is no longer reset if the target does not die.
- Grace can no longer be dispelled.
- Discipline/Holy PvP 2-piece set bonus' (4-piece set bonus pre-Season 12) Holy Spark effect can no longer be dispelled.
- Nightfall now gives Corruption a 10% increased chance to generate a Soul Shard on the most recently applied Corruption.
- Slam now deals 50% more damage, but the Rage cost has been increased by 50% as well. While Sweeping Strikes is active, Slam will deal 35% of damage dealt against the primary target to all other enemies within 2 yards, and targets affected by Colossus Smash receives 10% more damage.
- Intervene now also breaks roots and snares when used.
Wrathion's Legendary Questline
- The first eight bosses in Siege of Orgrimmar have a chance to drop a Sigil of Power, Sigil of Wisdom, Secrets of the Empire, or Titan Runestone in addition to their normal loot for players on the appropriate step in the legendary questline.
- Mantid Artifact Sonic Locator no longer randomizes digsites when acquired, and is more difficult to obtain. They can now only be purchased as part of a Mantid Artifact Hunter's Kit, which includes a Lorewalker's Map.
- New Raid and PvP blacksmithing plans have been added. These new plans can be researched by crafting Balanced Trillium Ingots, allowing the blacksmith to learn a random new plan.
- Plans for Balanced Trillium Ingot could be found as a drop from creatures in Pandaria.
- A number of new cooking recipes have been added, including new foods that give +300 to a primary stat and noodle carts. Some of these new recipes can be learned from drops in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, others from quests.
- Items formerly obtained with Valor Points that now cost Justice Points as well as gear crafted from new PvP recipes or plans will now disenchant into Sha Crystal Fragments.
- Multiple Sha Crystal Fragments can be combined into a Sha Crystal.
- Engineers that are able to acquire Chief Engineer Jard's Journal can learn to craft Jard's Peculiar Energy Source; a new material used in a number of new engineering schematics. The journal can be obtained as a drop from creatures in Pandaria.
- Blingtron 4000 Gift Packages now has a chance to contain Lil' Bling, a companion pet.
- With the lakes and rivers in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms drained of water, the Cloud Serpents carried little buckets of Jewel Danio and relocated them to the Timeless Isle so they can thrive once more.
- Many new glyph techniques have been added, and some existing glyphs have been changed. Some of the new techniques can be obtained from creatures anywhere in Pandaria, while others can only be found on powerful creatures that reside on the Timeless Isle.
- A new technique to create Crafted Malevolent Gladiator's Medallion of Tenacity can be found as a world drop.
- New Raid and PvP leatherworking patterns have been added. These new patterns can be researched by crafting Hardened Magnificent Hide, allowing the leatherworker to learn a random new pattern.
- Patterns for Hardened Magnificent Hide could be found as a drop from creatures in Pandaria.
- Leatherworkers can find a pattern to craft Drums of Rage as a drop from creatures in Pandaria. The drums can be used by anyone to give their raid a minor bloodlust-like effect.
- New Raid and PvP tailoring patterns have been added. These new patterns can be researched by crafting Celestial Cloth, allowing the tailor to learn a random new pattern.
- Patterns for Celestial Cloth could be found as a drop from creatures in Pandaria.
- Trinket, enchant, set bonus, and legendary meta-gem effects whose triggered effect benefits from haste no longer also have their chance to trigger the benefit from haste. Activation chances and internal cooldowns for those effects and other trinket effects have been adjusted to compensate and will now be displayed on their tooltip.
Filed under: News items, Mists of Pandaria