It looks like Leah is coming back and is gonna cause some trouble. Today at Gamescom Blizzard announced the Diablo III expansion, Reaper of Souls. The first expansion to the game will focus on Malthael, the fallen Archangel of Wisdom, and his possession of the Black Soulstone, which contains the remaining essence of Leah (Diablo).
Notable expansion features include:
- A new Crusader class, wears heavy armor as a tank, buffs/debuffs friends and enemies, not unlike Diablo II's Paladin
- Reaper of Souls will officially by Act V of Diablo III
- Level cap raised to 70
- Paragon level cap removed
- All classes will get new spells as they progress to level 70
- Something called a "multilevel Legendary item"
- Substantial updates to the loot experience, "Loot 2.0" as named by Blizzard -- you're more likely to pick up items tailored to your current class
- Overall loot reduced, not picking up as many items not needed by your current class
- New Crafter: Mystic -- re-roll stats on items, gives chance to create better gear
- Two new endgame modes/activities: loot runs and Nephalem Trials
Filed under: Diablo 3