The upcoming Reaper of Souls expansion will add a new artisan, known as The Mystic, who is capable of transmogrification and enchanting. Enchanting is similar to WoW's reforging in that it will allow you to reroll a single item property. The Mystic progresses from level 1 to 10 like the Blacksmith and Jeweler.
- Most item properties can be rerolled, but some can't (no details yet).
- You can reroll that one property as many times as you want, but once you choose one you can only reroll that property.
- Before you replace a property, you can see the possible replacements. One of these will be randomly chosen once you complete the enchant.
- If you don't like your rerolled property, you will have the option of reverting it to the item's original property.
- Enchanting costs crafting materials and gold.
- Enchanting an item makes it bound to your account and it can no longer be traded to other players.
- All items will be eligible for transmogrification, including legendaries and set items.
- Once an item appearance is discovered, it is available to all characters on your account.
- Common, magic, and rare item appearances are unlocked as your level The Mystic.
- Legendary and set item appearances are unlocked when you identify them.
- You do not need to keep items in your inventory for their appearance to be used, and once they are unlocked you are safe to get rid of the item.
- Transmogrification costs gold.
- For weapons, you can only transmogrify items of the same animation set, e.g. two-handed swords to two-handed swords.
- Transmogrifying an item binds it to your account.
- Transmogrified items can be dyed.
Filed under: Diablo 3