Patch notes for patch 5.4.2 have finally been released, confirming at least some of the new features we can expect to see in the next Mists patch. Keep in mind that 5.4.2 is not a content patch -- there will be no new content to play through, no new raids, scenarios or dungeons added. However, 5.4.2 is adding several new features that players have been clamoring for for quite some time.
- The Cross-realm raid browser now has new categories for Mists of Pandaria world bosses -- the Celestials and Ordos, as well as Flexible raid difficulty for the Siege of Orgrimmar.
- Players will finally be able to mail account-bound items to characters on different realms.
At the moment, the official list of patch notes is pretty short. Follow after the break for the list, which will likely get more updates as the patch nears completion.
World of Warcraft Patch 5.4.2 PTR
Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
- Intervene no longer removes movement-impairing effects on use. The talent Safeguard will continue to remove movement-impairing effects.
- Cross-Realm raid browser now has new categories for Mists of Pandaria World Bosses (Celestials and Ordos) and Flexible raid difficulty for Siege of Orgrimmar.
- The cross-realm raid browser is accessed through the 'Social Pane' (bound to the O key by default) and look for the 'Raid' tab on the bottom right.
- From there you can set the character as looking to join a raid or browse players that are forming up for a raid.
- For more information on this change, please see the thread titled Cross-Realm Raid Browser on the PTR Discussion forum.
- Players are now able to place raid markers in the world even while dead.
- Players are now able to mail account-bound items to other characters that reside on a different realm on the same account. To send cross-realm mail: enter the character's name, followed by a hyphen "-", followed by the realm name. Note that cross-realm mail can only send account-bound items, not other items or gold.
- Additional information and testing discussion for this cross-realm mail can be found in this thread on the PTR Discussion forum.
- The Customer Support button has moved. Customer support can now be reached in-game by selecting Help option through the Game Menu (Game Menu is bound to the Escape key by default).
Filed under: News items, Mists of Pandaria