Happy Tuesday Morning, everyone. Today marks the end of PvP Season 14, and with an extra-long maintenance, likely the start of patch 5.4.7. The new patch isn't a full content patch, but still packs a lot of interesting changes. Check out our patch roundup for a quick rundown.
As I mentioned above, downtime today is scheduled for 1 a.m. to 11 a.m. PST, so you definitely have time to read up. In addition to the patch 5.4.7 news, there's plenty of patch 6.0 and Warlords of Draenor tidbits as well. Read on for the usual roundup.
Hot news and features
- Check out the latest patch 5.4.2 hotfixes for February 10 and February 12,
- Garrosh will receive some targeted nerfs to his 10-man heroic encounter in patch 5.4.7.
- Mists of Pandaria challenge modes will go away with the Warlords of Draenor pre-patch.
- Proving Grounds, on the other hand, will simply be updated to the new mechanics.
- More Warlords of Draenor ads could be coming to the launcher.
- Raids in Warlords of Draenor will be non-linear whenever possible.
- Casting while moving may be a lot less common in Warlords of Draenor.
- Holinka clarifies the removal of dodge from gear in WoD.
- The latest Artcraft installment introduces artwork for WoD's Garrisons.
- The blues have been tweeting. Check out new screenshots of Talador and Gorgrond, two places in Warlords of Draenor. We also got screenshots of original design documents for the Benediction priest epic, the death knight class, and the Burning Crusade expansion.
- The Scroll of Resurrection is gone.
Class news and guides
- Blood Pact offers a primer to destruction for the new level 90 warlock.
- Encrypted Text examines Shadow Reflection, one of the possible level 100 rogue talents coming with Warlords of Draenor.
- Lichborne looks at more death knight inspirations in pop culture.
- Totem Talk has a love affair with shaman PvP healing.
- Scattered Shots tracks down transmog gear for hunters.
- The Care and Feeding of Warriors trumpets warrior transmog supremacy.
- Rossi keeps queueing as a tank on accident, and shares some of the lessons he's learned from the experience.
- Blizzard has a new players guide that covers the human starting zones.
- Olivia explains why we're all bad at WoW, even if we don't admit it.
- Allison examines which LFR bosses are made easier by overgeared tanks and healers.
- Olivia talks about preparing for PvP season 15.
- Rossi examines some of the issues involved with caster mobility, especially how it affects ranged vs. melee balancing.
- If you need to brush up on what your stats do, we have a Stats 101 guide you'll want to read.
- WoW Archivist looks for things that haven't really changed.
- Looking for a new Hearthstone deck? Check out The Rock, a paladin class deck by Matticus.
- The alpha client of Heroes of the Storm, Blizzard's upcoming MOBA, has been leaked.
- Do long open betas spoil the game too much?
- Blizzard's updated its Characters of Warcraft web page.
- Know Your Lore discusses the height of Draenei civilization on Draenor. We also have an alternate interpretation of Wrathion's true motives.
- 15 Minutes of Fame profiles the Convert to Raid podcasters.
- Video Games Live's Level 3 album is out, and includes their take on the Invincible theme from Wrath of the Lich King.
- Mila Kunis recently talked about WoW and other games with the One of Swords podcast.