Blizzard Community Manager Bashiok has posted an extensive run-down on the official forums, detailing the changes to racials which will appear with Warlords of Draenor
. Many of these will come as no surprise to people who'd seen some early leaks or followed the discussion on Twitter
last Thursday, but nonetheless it's great to see all this spelled out for us in blue and brown.
Obviously, with the removal of hit and expertise racials, there's some changes being made. All the bonuses that related to those have been replaced, so that was Draenei, Dwarf, Gnome, Human, Orc, and Troll. All these have been replaced with other bonuses that affect damage output.
There have also been changes to what Bashiok refers to as "some outliers", indicating things like the Troll Berserking being brought down from a 20% haste increase to a 15% increase. Orcs' Hardiness also took a hit, now reducing stun duration by 10% instead of 15%. No changes are planned to Pandaren or Worgen racials.
It seems like Blizzard is making an effort to remove the obligation to play certain classes in order to maximise efficiency for certain roles. And this can only be a good thing. Hit the break for Bashiok's full post.
Edit: There was also a post from Technical Game Designer Chadd "Celestalon" Nervig
in the official forums regarding the change to Will of the Forsaken, but not to Every Man For Himself.
We're planning some changes to racial traits for Warlords of Draenor. We recently posted a Dev Watercooler (Pruning the Garden of War
) that dives deeper into the philosophy behind these changes, and now we wanted to give you the full details of what's coming.
In order to keep racials more in line with one another, we've decided to bring down a couple of high outliers, then establish a fair baseline and bring the other racials up to that. We're accomplishing this by improving old passives, replacing obsolete ones, and adding a few new ones where necessary. Ultimately, our goal is to achieve much better parity among races.
There aren't any current plans to change Pandaren or Worgen racials.
- Arcane Acuity is a new racial passive ability that increases Critical Strike chance by 1%.
- Arcane Torrent now restores 20 Runic Power for Death Knights (up from 15 Runic Power), 1 Holy Power for Paladins, or 3% of Mana for Mage, Priest, Warlocks (up from 2% of Mana). Other aspects of the ability remain unchanged.
- Heroic Presence has been redesigned. It no longer increases Hit by 1%, and instead increases Strength, Agility, and Intellect, scaling with character level.
- Gift of the Naaru now heals for the same amount over 5 seconds (down from 15 seconds).
- Crack Shot has been removed (was 1% Expertise with ranged weapons).
- Mace Specialization (was 1% Expertise with maces) has been replaced with Might of the Mountain.
- Might of the Mountain is a new racial passive ability that increases Critical Strike bonus damage and healing dealt by 2%.
- Stoneform now also removes magic and curse effects in addition to poison, disease, and bleed effects, along with reducing damage taken by 10% for 8 seconds. It remains unusable while CC'd.
- Expansive Mind now increases maximum Mana, Energy, Rage, and Runic Power by 5% instead of only increasing maximum Mana.
- Escape Artist's cooldown has been reduced to 1 minute (down from 1.5 minutes).
- Shortblade Specialization (was 1% Expertise with one-handed swords and daggers) has been replaced with Nimble Fingers.
- Nimble Fingers is a new racial passive ability that increases Haste by 1%.
- Time is Money now grants a 1% increase to Haste (up from only attack speed and spell haste).
- Mace Specialization has been removed (was 1% Expertise with maces).
- Sword Specialization has been removed (was 1% Expertise with swords).
- The Human Spirit has been redesigned. It no longer increases Spirit by 3%, and instead now increases two secondary stats by an amount scaling with character level. You can choose which two secondary stats it increases. This has not yet been implemented.
- Quickness now also increases movement speed by 2% in addition to increasing Dodge chance by 2%.
- Touch of Elune is a new passive ability which increases Haste by 1% at night, and Critical Strike Chance by 1% during the day.
- Axe Specialization has been removed (was 1% Expertise with axes).
- Hardiness now reduces the duration of Stun effects by 10% (down from 15%).
- Brawn is a new racial passive ability that increases Critical Strike bonus damage and healing done by 2%.
- Endurance now increases Stamina by an amount scaling with character level, instead of increasing Base Health by 5%.
- Berserking now increases Haste by 15% (down from 20%).
- Beast Slaying now increases XP earned from killing Beasts by 20% instead of increasing damage dealt versus Beasts by 5%.
- Dead Eye has been removed (was 1% Expertise with ranged weapons).
- Will of the Forsaken's cooldown has been increased to 3 minutes (up from 2 minutes).
Filed under: Warlords of Draenor