WoW Insider launched in November of 2005. Since then, we've published nearly 40,000 articles. Let's assume the average word count per article is 500 words -- it's likely more than that, given how many features we've run over the years and how much we like to talk, but let's say 500 anyway. That's 20,000,000 words. Twenty million. The average length of an adult fiction novel (not an erotic novel, but adult as opposed to young adult) is 100,000 words. Since November 2005, we've written 200 novels about World of Warcraft and Blizzard games in general.
So scrap the gag of linking you everything, because that's a Herculean task and I am no Hercules. Instead, let's stick with what happened this past week.
Most popular posts of the week
- Flying in Draenor must be destroyed
- WoW Archivist: Warlords of Draenor hates The Burning Crusade
- Dragon Soul LFR changes possible in patch 6.0
- Female draenei model reveal coming this week
- I'm so bored with the Horde
Follow along for Warlords news, WoW Insider features, editorials, and news from all other Blizzard titles.
Warlords of Draenor and other WoW news
- Watcher: Mythic Raiding in Siege of Orgrimmar for a few weeks before Warlords
- Patch 5.4.7 hotfixes for March 25
- TradeChat's 39 facts about Warlords of Draenor
- Blizzard donates $1 million to Make-a-Wish
- New Blingtron, Blingtron death battles, and Wormhole Centrifuge in Warlords
- Class role forums have closed in the EU
- New faction short story: The Untamed Valley
- Submit your questions for the next WoW source
- Wowhead introduces class guides
- Tameable hydras for hunters officially on the way?
- War Crimes audiobook version confirmed
- 80% of PVPing players don't use the Battleground blacklist
Features, editorials, and other goodies
- The WoW Insider Show episode 337
- Siege of Orgrimmar and the waiting game
- Know Your Lore: Gul'dan, the soul of evil
- Know Your Lore: Tauren at the end of Mists
- The passive faction cannot stand
- Do we need mythic raiding at all?
- How much transparency do you want?
- Stats 201: Getting your secondary stats just right
- Review: World of Warcraft: Paragons
- The loose ends of Mists of Pandaria
- How to stop clicking
- Wowcraft Episode 1 from CarBot Animations
- Pally Rangers
- The Crime
- The Great Level 90 Boost
- Back to Wrath 2
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls
- Reaper of Souls launch party
- Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition artbook and augmented reality
- The best Diablo III article you will read all week -- possibly ever
Heroes of the Storm
- WoW Insider's guide to Stitches
- Heroes of the Storm balance updates
- Heroes of the Storm senior designer talks Tyrael