- Player characters are now guaranteed to have appropriate level Garrison Missons available for their followers according to their level range -- level 90-94, and level 95-99.
- Ashran has been temporarily disabled as a daily quest choice while issues with some of the daily quests are being troubleshooted.
- Players should no longer be incorrectly placed into a Molten Core run in which Ragnaros has already been defeated.
- Personal loot has returned, and in addition, each player in the group will now always receive an item from the final dungeon boss.
Filed under: Hotfixes
And apparently their voices have been heard, because it's back, baby. Rygarius posted a host of dungeon and raid hotfixes, including but not limited to the return of Need before Greed as the default loot system in dungeons. What else is happening?
- Completing your first Heroic Warlords dungeon nets you a reward of 50 Garrison Resources.
- The return of the Call to Arms feature for in-demand roles like tanks and healers.
- You will now once again be able to queue for dungeons from the Ashram cities of Stormshield and Warspear.
- The Lunarfall Inn and Frostwall Tavern have had a few of their quests adjusted to offer improved rewards.
- Several quests throughout Draenor have had their spawn and drop rates increased.
- Warlocks -- you may be tricky with your enslaving of demons, but both Felwrought Annihilator and Xanatos the Defiler can no longer be enslaved.
- Characters with over 600 skill in a profession should no longer continue to find catch-up items for those professions.
Running multiple instances of an overworld zone is a long-lived practice in MMO games in general, even dating back to games contemporary with the launch of WoW in 2004. Until now, Blizzard has tried to avoid implementing such a thing to preserve their philosophy of the game's social aspects -- the idea of a persistent world shared with other players. Now, for the sake of stability, Blizzard is finally implementing it. We could debate their philosophy given their implementation of phasing in questing, but that's not necessarily applicable when talking about instancing entire servers. Whether it's a temporary measure or not, time will tell.
In addition, Blizzard has released a new round of hotfixes. Like yesterday's numerous hotfixes, many of these are aimed at questflow issues, and others at bugs in gameplay. You can find the hotfixes below.
- Artificer Romuul: Resolved an issue where players may sometimes not receive this quest after completing the Embaari Defense Crystal event.
- These Colors Don't Run: Characters now receive credit towards planting a Frostwolf Banner when they defeat or help in defeating a Bladespire Ogre with the exception of Bladespire Mauler, Chef, Boarbuster, Ogron, and Goresnout.
- Collision geometry has been added to Drek'Thar, Thrall, and Gazlowe in Frostfire Ridge.
- Resolved an issue where Keg Smash may sometimes not generate Chi when used.
- Dark Enemies: Increased spawn rates for Shadowmoon Voidmancer.
- [Requires a realm restart.] Gormaul Tower: (Temporary) Completion credit for the quest is automatically awarded once players reach the top of the hill.
- Toy Train Set has been temporarily disabled.
The full hotfixes can be found below.
- Back to Work / Looking for Lumber: Greatly increased the number of trees available to mark for both Horde and Alliance versions of the quest. Additionally, Lunarfall Ravens respawn much more quickly now.
- Ship Salvage / What We Need: Drudgeboat Salvage should now respawn more quickly.
- Durotan at Beastwatch in Gorgrond is now significantly tougher.
UPDATE: Bashiok posted that Blizzard will be "restarting some Garrison services" to address access and progression issues. He also says that Blizzard has implemented "dozens of hotfixes" over the last few hours.
UPDATE 2: For those experiencing long queue times, this is working as intended. Bashiok has said that Blizzard is reducing realm population caps in order to address latency. Rygarius has posted a list of hotfixes for November 13.
UPDATE 3: Lore tweeted about the issues: "So obviously launch not going as smoothly as we wanted. Will be many discussions in the near future about what could have been done better. Right now, however, we're focusing 100% on just fixing issues so everyone can play. Can worry about what went wrong later."
UPDATE 4: Lore says fixes have been implemented for garrisons, but he recommends walking to your garrison instead of flying there or using a hearthstone.
Despite a mostly smooth launch so far, some realms are now experiencing major problems as more and more players crowd the servers. Garrisons on Argent Dawn, Cenarion Circle, Khadgar, and other realms are currently bugged and not always phasing properly. Twitter user @ikolism posted the image above of players in an unphased Horde garrison. Normally you're only supposed to see the players you've invited to your version of the fortress...
Players can become stuck inside their garrisons, or stuck outside and unable to "zone in." If the entire garrison server crashes when players are inside it, they are reportedly sent back to where their hearthstones are set. For many that means an unexpected trip back to Orgrimmar, Stormwind, or Pandaria.
High population realms, particularly in the EU, have experienced world server lag and crashes.
CM Lore tweeted an update on the problems, but did not provide an ETA:
Still working on server and garrison issues. Making some headway, exploring as many options as we can find.- Lore (@CM_Lore) November 13, 2014
- Hunter's tenacity pets saw a couple of fixes.
- Tenacity Pet Specialization: Blood of the Rhino now reduces the pet's physical damage taken by 15% instead of increasing armor by 20%.
- Tenacity Pet Specialization: Great Stamina now increases the pet's health by 60% (up from 12%).
- Priests saw a 15% nerf to Holy Nova's healing, while Divine Star's healing or damage (based on spec) was buffed by 15%
- Fixed an issue where Zidormi may send players to an incorrect phase in the Blasted Lands.
- Once a Challenge Mode has started, characters can no longer change specializations, talents, or glyphs.
- Resolved an issue where durations for periodic effects were not always being extended for the full amount when refreshed by another ability.
- Downfall Wing 4: Resolved an issue where Gnomish Gyrocopters may not be destroying Thresher Turrets for Alliance players.
- Razorfen Kraul: Groyat, the Blind Hunter's Drain Life ability should no longer damage or heal for an excessive amount.
- Isle of Conquest: Huge Seaforium Bombs no longer have a level requirement to interact with them.
That's an interesting change and one I approve of - one of the things I dislike about that style of BG is how they can suck you into a prolonged and pointless battle (you know you're going to lose) and people stop even trying to take and hold places. With the resource gain now more strongly tied to honor points, maybe people will be more inclined to do their best.
- Many, many classes have had the damage of various spells and abilities increased.
- The Undelete Character feature is now in place, and players are now able to undelete their characters.
- A bug causing Raid Finder, Heroic, and Mythic items from the Siege of Orgrimmar to become Normal mode versions has been corrected.
- An issue affecting boosted players and their ability to learn talents has been resolved.
- Black Grasp of the Destroyer's drain mana effect no longer affects targets above level 73.
- Similarly, Soul Breaker's draen mana effect no longer affects targets above level 63.
- An issue in which Going to Need A Bigger Bag wasn't being tracked across all characters on an account has now been resolved.
In addition to fixing debuff damage, there are plans to add the same kind of debuff system to orb carriers in rated Temple of Kotmogu and cart carriers in rated Deepwind Gorge. These changes will take effect next maintenance cycle.
All of these changes are for rated battlegrounds only, where they should make it a bit easier to take out enemy flag carriers -- and tougher to keep your own alive.