Death Knight News, Guides, and Galleries
Lichborne is WoW Insider's weekly Death Knight column. Every week, we cover an aspect of Death Knight gameplay or an issue or subject important to Death Knights. Here's some back issues you won't want to miss:
- When you start your Death Knight, you'll have to do head through Outlands first. In past issues of Lichborne we've discussed Outland gear upgrades to look out for and whether or not to grind reputation with Burning Crusade factions.
- Once you're in Northrend, you'll definitely want to start upgrading your gear since you didn't have a chance to do dungeon runs and raids in Outlands. Here's a Death Knight's guide plate and weapon quest rewards in the starting zones of Northrend.
- Once you have a few levels under your belt, you'll want to start looking at the reputation grind. Here's a guide to Wrath reputation rewards for Death Knights.
- Death Knights can do some pretty nice DPS, and it actually depends quite a bit on which tree you choose as to how you do it. Here's a guide to solo DPSing talents and glyph choice in all three trees.
- When you group, you'll probably find yourself being asked to tank quite a bit, if Burning Crusade's infamous tank shortage is any indication. Here's a short guide to Death Knight tanking, including talent and glyph advice.
- Dual wielding or two handing, which weapon style is the best? Let's Discuss.
- If you're a fan of the Ghoul pet, you might want to check out this issue of Lichborne.
- If you have any lingering questions about where or how or when you can make a Death Knight, check this FAQ.
- If you're still deciding on your Death Knight race, a quick look at Racials for Death Knights could help, or this list of Roleplay hooks for Death Knights by race.
- A lot of people used the last few months before Wrath to stockpile items for your Death Knight. If you're looking to start a new Death Knight soon, you might still want to do the same. Here's a list of some of the stuff you might be able to grab for your Death Knight to smooth out the leveling process.
- If you're new to the melee or tanking game, you'll want to read up on this sage advice from a fellow tank. And the other sage advice as well.
- For more sage advice, be sure to read up on Dos and Don'ts for your first instance as a Death Knight.
- Check out our Death Knight specific entries in our Skill Mastery feature: If you're going down the Blood tree, Mark of Blood can be your best friend, if you know how to treat it right. Horn of Winter provides a DPS boost and some nice group utility for a Death Knight.
- Be sure to get familiar with Runeforging, the self-only weapon enchantment system for Death Knights.
Death Knight Galleries
Gallery: Death Knight Blue Rewards
Gallery: Death Knight: Runeforging
Gallery: New Death Knight skins