- Viewing Surwich from the Red Reaches
- Approaching Surwich from the Tainted Forest
- Behind Surwich
- Surwich stables
- Mayor Charlton Connisport
- Surwich chicken coop
- Surwich stable master
- Seaside fishing in Surwich
- Surwich fishing supplier
- Fish market in Surwich
Yes, the tentacles actually wiggle!
- Fireplace in a Surwich residence
- A kitchen in Surwich
- Dinner in Surwich
- Surwich home
Inside this home in Surwich, which is next to the blacksmith, a bed and hanging laundry are visible on one wall.
- Surwich's blacksmith
Maurice Essman seems to be lacking his hammer; but that won't stop Maurice Essman.
- Cenarion Observer Shayana
A wanderer, she comes into Surwich to look around.
- Surwich inn
- Surwich Inkeeper
- Inside the inn at Surwich
- Under the stairs in Surwich's inn
- The inn's main floor bedroom, Surwich
- Surwich Inn's fireplace
- Surwich inn, upstairs
- Graham McAllister, Flightmaster
Notice the floating barrels (undoubtedly a beta bug).
- Surwich dock, from under the water
- Garrod Pubhammer
A resident of Surwich.
- Garrod Pubhammer's artwork
- Garrod Pubhammer's bedroom
- Surwich home artwork
- Surwich graveyard
- A typical bridge in the Tainted Forest
This foot bridge leads towards Surwich.
- Tainted Forest animals
In the Tainted Forest, the eyes of the animals periodically spout green... fire?
- Tainted Forest landscape
Parts of the Tainted Forest are quite swampy.
- More Tainted Forest mobs
- Tainted Forest bears
- Paralyzed ents
There is a set of four paralyzed ents forming a sort of arch - a trellis, in a way - over a clearing.
- A paralyzed ent's face
- Ents from another angle
- Tainted Forest shrooms
- Close-up of the Tainted Forest shrooms
- The shrooms and the mobs that love them
These form a shock of color in an otherwise dark and spooky landscape.
- Maldraz from below
- Perimeter demons of Maldraz
- One of the entrances to Maldraz
- Inside Maldraz
Inside the giant tree, there is evil being done.
- Mists of the Tainted Forest
Below Maldraz, sections of the swampy forest are shrouded in mist.
- View of Tainted Forest and Maldraz
When viewed from the redder landscapes in the Blasted Lands, the Tainted Forest takes on different hues.
- Approaching Sunveil Excursion
- Sunveil Excursion from above
The Sunveil Excursion is a Horde outpost located in the mountains overlooking the Red Reaches and the Tainted Forest.
- Sunveil Excursion Weaponsmith
- Sunveil Excursion: Dragonhawk Master Salena
- Sunveil Excursion: Janella
Janella is the food and drink vendor for the Sunveil Excursion.
- Sunveil Excursion
Trade goods vendor.
- Sunveil Excursion: The Reliquary
- The Dark Portal
- The Dark Portal's crater
Shattershore runs along the coast in an area that, pre-Cataclysm, just appears as mountains on the map. A whole fleet of ships seems to have shipwrecked here, and the ghosts of the Gilnean settlers and sailors still wander about, trying to repair their vessels.
- Shattershore debris
- Drowned Gilnean sailor
This male worgen has a strange cube over his head; that's what you get in a beta!
- Drowned Gilnean settler
Because she is a ghost, it was difficult to photograph her features, but in this shot, you can just make them out.
- Freedom in death
When you kill the ghost of a Gilnean settler, he or she is set free, no longer doomed to wander the shore in worgen form.
This looks like the site of a ritual summoning gone terribly wrong. It can be found on the highest peak flanking the Dark Portal.
- Bloodwash Cavern and hills
The mountain range is almost completely undeveloped. Could Blizzard have bigger and better things planned for it?
- Entering Bloodwash Cavern
- Inside Bloodwash Cavern
- Ruins of Bloodwash Cavern
- More Bloodwash Cavern ruins
- Sea monster
- Bloodwash Shrine close-up
- Bloodwash Shrine
- Bloodwash Shrine and flag
- Murlocs at work
The Murlocs are being driven by the naga in long lines that stretch across the reaches in multiple directions.
- Bloodwash Fighting Pits
- Rockpool Gladiators
At the Bloodwash Fighting Pits, the naga are forcing Rockpool murlocs to fight.
- Summoning runes
- Lines of murlocs
Although you can't see how densely packed the line-ups are from this distance, you can begin to get a feel for what the slave drivers are demanding.
- Shipwreck near Rockpool Village
- Rockpool Village along the coast
- Rockpool Village
- Path into Stranglethorn
This flat section bridges the Tainted Forest, Blasted Lands, with Stranglethorn Veil. Unfortunately, it's a no-mount zone, flying or ground. The beta seems to be littered with little areas where you can go, but which don't seem to support mounting. I don't recommend flying too high while you explore fringe spaces!
- Blasted Lands waterfall
- Terrain blending
Here you can see how the differing terrains in the Tainted Forest, the Tainted Scar, and the rest of the Blasted Lands blend (or don't).
- New Blasted Lands map
Although the map says "Tainted Scar" for the south westerly region, the majority of it is actually called the "Tainted Forest." In fact, if you look closely at the map, you'll notice that the fonts differ between the two regions. It is possible that Blizzard hasn't finished revamping the map in the new style. Beware! In the beta, at least, the unexplored-looking coast in the south west currently will not allow you to be mounted, even on a ground mount. If you go a-wanderin', do it on foot - or at least, don't fly too high!