Sep 9th 2011 4:56PM For a long time now I've felt that they should remove the heroic kills from these achievements. It should just be: beat the raid on normal and do the extra achieves for the drakes. Heroic raiders already get better loot and server/world standings to gloat about, give something to the general raiders to aim for. I find putting the heroic kills in there makes raiders who have no business doing hard modes push themselves too hard trying to get them done in order to get the mounts.
Progression (for average raiders) could then be something like:
1) Beat raid on normal
2) Get extra achieves on normal while farming raid for more gear to handle hard modes
3) Beat raid on heroic
4) Beat extra heroic/hard boss (Sinestra, Algalon, etc)
Nov 20th 2010 1:02PM There is a ton of information out there on the new expansion, but it is all over the place and hard to dig up. How about some quick one-liners about the following stuff to pull it all together for us?
- What are the new zones?
- What level range do they cover? (e.g 80-82)
- Where are they located?
- What is the easiest way to reach them? (e.g. is there a portal/boat/flight? where?)
- What/where are the flight paths located in the zone for both factions?
- Where (specifically) are the bread-crumb quests that lead us to each of the new zones?
- Where is Tol Barad located? How can we get there?
- How do we get around *quickly* now...
- Are there any new portals to Darnassus, IF, SW?
- What about an easy way to Dalaran now like what they did for the dark portal?
- Is there a quick way to the Caverns of Time?
- What are the *new* flight paths in old zones as a result of the shattering?
- Can we fly in the capital cities now, or do the dismount like Dal used to?
- Can we fly in Dalaran now?
- Is there a flight trainer in the capital cities now?
- What are the new dungeons?
- What level range do they cover?
- What zone are they located in?
- What is the exact coordinates of the entrance in the zone and/or how do I find it? (since you must find them to unlock them for queing)
- Maybe a brief overview of the dungeon, such as bosses and a quick one line strat, and any difficult-to-handle mobs of note in the dungeon?
- What are the new raids?
- Where are they located?
- What are the names of bosses in each raid dungeon?
- What are the details of the new Tol Barad raid? How long do we have it? How many bosses are in at the start? What gear does it drop?
- Is there a new world boss? I seem to remember a blue post saying something about this...
- Where are the new armor sellers for tier gear and such that we can buy for points?
- What are the new reputations?
- Where do we find the quartermasters for the new reputations?
- How do we gain rep for each of the new reputations? (e.g. from tabards? from raids? from unique turn-ins like Sons of Hodir?)
- Where are the new quartermasters for each of the capital cities?
- Where can we (easily) find trainers?
- Is there a guide that you can link to show how the profession works?
- What are the names of the new common, rare, and epic base gems (if available yet)?
- What are the names of the new elemental crafting items, lesser and primal?
- What are the names of the enchanting mats?
- What are the names of the new cloth parts?
- What are the names of the new leather parts?
- What are the names of the new minerals?
Vanity Pets & Mounts:
- What new pets are available? How do we get them?
- What new mounts are available? How do we get them?
Nov 5th 2010 11:00PM Put on a full dps set in heroics and trash in raids and you will not have ANY issues maintaining threat, seriously. Bastion of Defense, I love you! I only keep on my tanking rings and trinkets, just in case things go bad.
With that full dps set Blood and Thunder combined with Thunderstruck almost nothing will rip off with proper tab targetting (and you be doing some serious dps as well). Charge in, Rend, Thunderclap, Shockwave, tab target Shield Slam > Revenge > Devastate + Cleaves.
Also, for minor glyphs, Commanding Shout is basically useless since it doesn't stack with Fort (or Imp's Blood Pact). Battle Shout always now, Demo Shout to save GCD's, and Bloodrage as a small rage increaser that's off the GCD (especially since shouts give less rage than Bloodrage used to).
Oct 15th 2010 8:26AM Rune Master
We saw them somewhat implemented as a NPC class in WotLK, but I think if it was fully fleshed out that it could be something new and interesting to play. The use of runes to cast spells or heal would be pretty cool and an interesting twist.
Let them wear caster leather too so we have more than one class that uses it.
Dec 14th 2009 11:24AM My macro I run at the start of every pug group:
/p Loot Rules: Roll NEED on the Frozen Orb, Books of Glyph Mastery, Recipes, and any BoE's that drop. If loot drops that you want then roll NEED, otherwise choose DISENCHANT or GREED. Have fun :)
Apr 22nd 2009 10:32AM Does the author have a site of his own? I don't support Curse anymore since their recent WoWMatrix "ban".
Forcing the "consumers" to bend to your will is the wrong way to do business. If consumers are going around your business model then you *adapt* your model to meet the consumer trends and desired means of business, not attempt to destroy it. Its just bad business. Just take a look at the music industry and their slow adoption of the MP3 market as an extreme example...
Additionally, given the fact that authors can no longer request donations/payments for their addons, its very hypocritical of Curse to be all high-and-mighty against tools like WoWMatrix just so they can continue making revenue from ads on their site simply for *hosting* the hard work of others.
Its too bad too, this looks like a pretty nice addon...
Apr 19th 2009 9:56AM Its an issue with the new talent confirmation option. Turn it back off and you won't have any issues. It's not an add-on problem or an issue with your gui, its Blizzard's fault and don't let the GM's tell you otherwise. I had the same dual spec issues every one else had and as soon as I turned off that option, spent my talent points again that had been "forgotten", and then I never had the problem again.
Mar 1st 2009 10:00AM I'm a prot warrior and a raid leader, and you may think I'm saying this out of "jealousy", but this is a good balancing change to bring the 4 tanking classes closer to parity.
For example, compare your numbers to my warrior's (who has all of the best gear currently available):
22,016 armor (59.11%)
28.47% block (1134 block value)
2,924 attack power
8.05% crit (+15% through talents for some abilities)
That's with Lavanthor's Talisman and Valor Medal of the First War equipped. I don't have the Toughness talent, which is another 10% armor, but I'm spec'd for threat gen which is something else we HAVE to do atm to main tank. I'm a Enchanter so my rings have +24 sta each as well.
However, we all know that boss tanking atm (in terms of survivability) is more about the size of your health pool, and the *highest* I can get my health brings my other stats to the following:
21,845 armor (58.92%)
22.06% block (1114 block value)
2,880 attack power
8.05% crit (+15% through talents for some abilities)
That's with Essence of Gossamer and Indestructable Alchemist's Stone (I'm also an alchemist obviously).
You can argue that Bears don't have a shield, but you're getting something that pretty much simulates it (Savage Defense), putting Bears faaaar above where Prot Warriors (and Pallies) are currently. Diminishing Returns in Lich King are KILLING evasion tanking atm, and that kind of leaves us at the bottom of the heap. Even with these changes Bears are still some of the best main tanks you can have, so relax.
Feb 5th 2009 3:18PM This is a huge nerf to Sunders. Percentage reduction will work fine in current raid content, but screws anything else such as world mobs and old content, where the value reduced was a much larger percentage overall.
And they're doing this for what reason, so *protection* warriors can't make clothies more squishy in PvP?!? What other reason would you bring a prot warrior to pvp, to be a nuissance? Aren't squishies supposed to be, oh I don't know, squishy?! Isn't that why they can nuke right past OUR armor with their spells and dots???
Round and round we go...
Jan 17th 2009 7:38AM While this is a nice shield it is the "worst" of the 3 eaily obtainable ones at 80, and should only be worn if you really need the help reaching the defense cap.
Titansteel Shield Wall < Royal Crest of Lordaeron < Crygil's Discarded Plate Panel
Royal Crest of Lordaeron (from Heroic Culling)
Crygil's Discarded Plate Panel (for a measly 35 hero badges)
There's really no reason not to be using Crygil's. If you're really that desperate for defense then put a defense enchant on it for the time being.