Mar 24th 2010 3:11AM Is it just me or is there no way to view the images at the full, original size? I can't really make out much detail at the small size!
You guys should do something that lets us see the full images at full size like on http://www.wowuigallery.com
Oh and definitely square buttons!
Jan 8th 2008 9:21AM A decent use of screen space is the only good comment that can really be made about this UI. There is nothing interesting or creative going on. Still, it's much better than most.
Jan 7th 2008 11:04AM I'm currently split between 4 guilds and I hate it :-( I have lots of friends on the server but they're all spread out between several guilds. Since I'm always bouncing around I end up feeling very out of touch.
My 70 Mage is in a BT/Hyjal raiding guild comprised of many members of my pre-tbc guild. I don't raid very often but I enjoy being able to run 10 mans and heroics without the slightest worry of wiping.
My 70 Warrior is in a casual raiding guild with a few RL friends. I have a great time gearing up in Karazhan while joking around on vent with a very laid back crew.
Meanwhile my alt Hunter is in yet another casual guild comprised primarily of members of my pre-tbc guild who, like myself, got burnt out on hardcore raiding.
Finally, the rest of my characters are in a guild of less than 5 people. It's basically just a guild for the alts of my RL friends. We have a private channel already so the guild is really just a way to not get pestered with invites :-P
Nov 19th 2007 3:29AM Oh wow... my old guildies have so many good ones.
(1) This was already said but "portal roulette" as a Mage. In my old guild several other mages and I would stack on top of each other and each cast different portals. It ends up looking like a single portal but if you mouse over the thing it changes which one you're actually gonna get every half second or so.
(2) Summoning fun. Of course theres the classic /cast Mage portal and /ra Help me with this summon please. Better yet is positioning the portal to completely bone someone. For example, placing the summoning portal 100ft below water. Or, placing the summoning portal just off the edge of a cliff. The floating islands in Nagrand are perfect for this.
(3) The last boss of Black Wing Lair, Nefarian, has an ability which temporarily causes Priest heals to deal damage rather than heal. In my old guild it was customary for the priests to collect payment to "assassinate" other raid members (usually Hunters because noone likes them).
(4) Baron Geddon bombs. Back in the Molten Core days there was a boss whose signature ability was turning a random player into a bomb. After maybe 5 seconds or so that player would explode, causing thousands of damage to themselves and everyone within a large radius around them. Typically pets were not allowed on this fight because the pets could unknowingly become bombs as well. One time a certain warlock forgot to put their felhunter away. Luckily they managed to dismiss the pet before it blew. Later, he took the pet out in the middle of Ironforge. WHOOPS. 30+ dead noobs :-) There were tons of videos made of this before it was patched. We also liked to mess with new recruits by running at them with the bomb. Any deaths were blamed on the recruit ;-)
(5) Not so much a practical joke but still damn funny... way back when several of my guildmates and I were on Team Speak waiting for a Molten Core raid to start. All of a sudden we hear loud snoring. One of our Priests, named Lifeblood, had fallen asleep at his computer with his headset still on and his push to talk button stuck on. This continued for at least 15 minutes as more and more people log on to Team Speak to listen and laugh. Finally someone calls the poor guy to wake him up. Within minutes a recording of the entire event was posted on realm forums. I still have it on my computer.
Good times :-P