Nov 16th 2011 2:20PM I don't believe that they will revert to tanking and dps leather, i think feral adn guardian druids will just compete for loot and i don't think that will cause massive issues. Otherwise how much druid tank loot will end up getting wasted - because neither of the two tanks in the raid happens to be a monk/druid. Otherwise you will have druids running off-spec to get gear priority on that spec and hoping no druid/monk happens to tank so they get a shot at the tank gear if it drops too.
There is a much bigger problem with the role loot dynamic though. It will mean that as soon as people are geared for their main spec they will stop running it anymore, and run their offspec instead to gear that up. Basically it discourages you from running the role you are best at. That perverse incentive has to go or problems will surface, the worst part is that they will not be immediately apparent when each new raid starts so it will take time for them to surface.
I know that you have little incentive to run raid finder raids when you are fully geared anyway, but I am talking abotu people thinking "hmm i have all the ms drops i need from first two bosses so i run offspec in them and hope to snag some loot."
Oct 17th 2011 4:58AM I hadn't realised this could be solo'd. I had been intending to see if i could start farming it at 90 in next xpac. Well ashes of alar here I come.
will go nicely with the other mounts i have solo'd previously though ofc i will not really use it except in my ground mount macro.
Sep 9th 2011 3:32PM Do you really honestly think what raids need is to convince DPS that if they pull threat it is not their fault?
Yes there are sucky tanks out there, yes it is really dumb to taunt a new add and let it come to you (or even to taunt a new add at all tbh).
Yes it is the dps's fault if he pulls an add before it reaches the boss.
Jun 23rd 2011 4:43PM People who whine about blizzard catering to casuals and bads are normally "bads" themselves, they are the type of person who needs to feel superior to others to feel adequate in themselves. Ensidia/Paragon/Vodka or whoever is top of the raiding ladder atm does not feel even a tiny bit threatened by this, someone who is afraid of losing the advantage they have by having others access the info they get from wowpedia or wowhead is somoene who is not very good at this game.
Jun 15th 2011 3:36AM importantly they have changed dire maul north - you can now do a full tribute run without coming prepared with mats - no need for frost oil, thorium widget, bolts of cloth , leather or seaforium charge. Point is tribute run still available!
By the way the articles description of tribute run was a little brief:
1. you had to kill the boss in dog courtyard just inside door unless you had a seaforium charge, otherwise when you got to top of ramps with your ogre suit you met a door that could only beunlocked by key from that boss. that door is no longer locked so just ignore the dog courtyard. Unless you want to explore ot teh library which is reached from a tunnel down there!
2. Stomper creed! if you dont kill teh drunk dancer when you are king you can come back and buy drinks off him.
3. as before you need to loot teh key in the courtyard chest without aggroing the patrolling guard fengus.
4. Can now just click on frost trap to repair.
5. There is a tannin basket on teh first platform up teh ramps, afte ryou loot it and kill teh bushwackers that will spawn bring it down to goblin below who will make you an ogre suit, no longer need cloth and leather.
6. after you clear to captain cromrush one player uses ogre suit, speaks to captain and he runs off. Another boss skipped!
7. Final boss, kill teh king but don't kill the observer. Back in the day this was hard and required an off-tank on teh observer, no longer :)
Enjoy your tribute!
May 24th 2011 3:15PM would be very grateful if you could tell me about "the new JC rings" i have not heard abotu them.
What ilvl and what mats please? blue or epic?
*finger's crossed it is a blue ring based on one blue gem + JC setting so i can start churning blue and yellow rares to heavenly shards"
May 15th 2011 3:53PM :)
I'm irish so of course i am aware of Jedward, kind of amazed that they have sufficient global recognition for them to get mentioned in teh comments of this thread.
Jan 8th 2010 12:03PM I bought the battered hilt off the AH and have done the quest. If it drops when I am running a pug you can bet your ass I'm going to need on it, to get my money back. Why should i pass on it in favour of someone too cheap to pay for it off AH and therefore contributing less to the group than they would had they the weapon.