Mar 31st 2011 4:51AM So, eroic, or what? You're just a T away from a real PuG disaster there, my man.
Mar 29th 2011 6:09AM Oh wow. True art. I hadn't seen this before, and it blew me away. Many thanks to the makers, you've made my day.
Mar 28th 2011 3:59AM Although the above poster is right (those were covered last week), last week's column was covered as "gearing for heroics", and I also read over the mention and reference made. Especially some of the exalted reps make heroic gear so irrelevant it's not even funny anymore (back and boots are pretty much best in slot for a looong time into raids).
Mar 28th 2011 3:55AM Having that attitude, you probably shut yourself off from our greatest resource (dating back to pally tanking before it was cool) at Maintankadin. That reduces not only our respect for you, but also your effectiveness as a tank. That's your loss, not ours.
Mar 28th 2011 3:26AM Why does everyone forget the engineering weapons (Kickback 5000 for the agi weapon)?
Ok, the mats are horrible and therefore the price is going to be in the high 3-4ks at least, but if you are really tooling around with 318 greens, a few thousand K gold shouldn't be that much of an issue. Additionally, it's the only thing an engi can spend orbs on, so you should be able to get one crafted right cheaply if you get hold of the mats and spam trade for an engineer.
Of course, most engis (like myself) have given up on crafting that blue for the AH market.
Mar 25th 2011 11:16AM Fun Queue, though you're showing your age and nationality. Kids these days probably have to google Johnson. Try Usain Bolt, next time.
I'll toss a question in as well: what would you suggest as a fun idea for the "guild events", how would you go about making that an exciting and fun way to get moar guild XP?
Mar 16th 2011 10:35AM If you play arena's, you probably have Gladius, which is set up out of the box so that rightclicking an enemy bar in the gladius window sets it as focus. That might already solve your focus problem.
And then it's just a plain old focus rebuke macro as listed above.
Mar 11th 2011 5:37AM Wow, thanks for that! A LOT better that one, and the mark of the true artist: never content to rest on the laurels. Thanks for sharing!
Feb 9th 2011 10:56AM @JT; with those weightings, that's not even that strange, since pure Stam gems offer +60 Stam, while pure Mastery/Dodge/Parry gems offer only 40 of their particular poison: 100*40 < 90*60.
However, especially for tanking I would heartily advocate:
1. finetuning weightings to your own preference and tanking style (and the problems YOU face when tanking the content YOU are tanking (getting overaggroed in HCs requires a different stat weighting from being flattend in HC Raids).
2. taking the robot overlord's suggestions with a healthy helping of salt and own theorycraft
3. continue to do your own thinking, and see this for what it is: an easy visualisation of suggestions for your set.
Jan 28th 2011 11:18AM Love this thread. It alone has given me more addon ideas than I knew I needed.
Gonna try to add to it by stressing a few addons that haven't gotten the praise they deserve, so far:
1. WIM: how you people can keep whisper conversations going without this is beyond me. It's like turning your chat experience from irc on a single window non-graphical client into google talk.
2. SunnArt: Viewports, with handy art packs. Looks amazing, improves FPS and makes sure your UI never again makes you miss that mob/fire/voidzone behind you.
3. Spammenot: Get it and get it now. I've litteraly not seen a goldseller whisper in two years. Not one.
4. HearKitty: delicious mod for anything Combopoint/holy power point based: you can HEAR when your finisher is ready/at its max, and hear when you have procs that restore your points. Never underestimate plain old pavlovian conditioning to speedup your 3 HoPo => ShoR (or WoG) reflex.
5. Mmm, been considering this for a while... Both addons are essential to PuGtanking.
I think I'd have to go with RobsBossMods (which I've been testing out due to this thread). Nothing like it to have a VERY quick refresher on whether this was the boss with the blue fire and the purple adds or the white circle and the green adds (and to save you from typing all that stuff in partychat. Especially with bosses now throwing stuff you have to stand IN sometimes, this is good.
Tied 5th: PugLax, combined with SRTI: for all your marking needs, including a quick macro (that autoadapts to the available CC) to quickly go "WonderMage, please sheep Moon. HunTery please frost trap Square" before a pull/at the outset of a PuG.