Feb 18th 2011 2:54PM Unfortunately, Blizzard has to take PVP into account for all of these great ideas.
Feb 18th 2011 2:48PM Mages also have Heroism (Timewarp/Bloodlust). In a 25-man raid, Resto shaman usually only need 1-2 totems, as other classes now bring identical or better buffs. Besides Mana Tide Totem, nothing else is Resto shaman specific.
A Druid's Battle Rez is not a defensive CD, and non-Resto Druids bring this to the raid as well. When a fight goes as planned, you shouldn't need to use it at all. This point is invalid as you could just bring boomkin or feral druids if you wanted a Battle Rez and stack Priest/Pally healers because of CDs.
The point of this post (and the blue post) is to point out that for guilds doing hard mode encounters, Priest and Pally healers are currently valued above Druid/Shaman healers. This isn't examining class differences, but healing differences between the classes.
For most hard mode raid encounters, stacking Priest/Pally healers makes the fights SIGNIFICANTLY easier. 10-man raids only make the difference between healer classes more profound.
Feb 18th 2011 10:41AM 1. Getting Horde server first Illidan by ~30 minutes. The other guild was ~7 bosses ahead of us when we were starting MH/BT but we caught up and overtook them for one boss: Illidan. Their tank ate a Shear at ~10% and then we killed him our next attempt. (this was when you still needed to attune people for MH/BT)
2. Our first Brutallus kill where I solo raid healed as a Resto Shaman (we just didn't have anyone else). Stacked haste and was put in the shadow priest group for mana (I think we also had several people doing a haste drum rotation in the group). I think I finished the fight at 43% healing done. The downside is if I got burned and had to move...then people would die and we wouldn't meet the enrage timer.
3. My guild's first Nefarian kill in BWL. My ears rung for hours. (Our first Twin Emps kill in AQ40 was similarly exhilarating)
Jan 26th 2011 10:55AM Also, "learning" mounts and non-combat pets. +1 to the guy who mentioned the Key ring, Bizzard has came a long way in helping us with bag space. Always a pain for us hybrid classes.
Jan 26th 2011 10:52AM 1. Being able to summon people inside instances. Trying to swap/replace people in raids when the other faction controlled the entrance would amount to signification down time waiting on the person getting there.
2. A quicker hearthstone CD (although as a Shaman it wasn't ever an issue for my main).
3. Arcane Explosion being instant cast without needing talents to achieve that. Gazelle packs in the Barrens were never safe again!
4. Being able to make flasks without needing to go somewhere special.
5. Server groups (for both PVP and now PVE with the dungeon finder). Gives access to a much larger player base. (Although the old 24 hour+ AV battles were epic...)
6. Being able to track fishing pools on the minimap.
7. Not having to relearn class specialization skills every time you respecced into that talent tree. I can't count the number of times I had to respec for a fight and people were waiting on me to finish speccing so I could rebuy my spells/abilities.
Jul 18th 2008 12:27PM Just saw a post on CNET New's RSS feed that AT&T posted this in error and that they're not ready to give iPhone users free Wi-Fi yet :\
Mar 24th 2008 4:09PM hi
Sep 25th 2007 1:55PM Cortana mano-a-mano would make me run away crying.
Aug 26th 2007 11:04PM Guitar Hero II?