Jul 10th 2010 8:08AM No I don't think so. The other challenge I like to throw in is maxing out old school reps by doing each starter zone in turn and progressing through the zones in level order.
I like to follow this route and like everything else in life, it depends on how you choose to look at what you're doing.
Well done you, keep going,
Gliterhammer, Khadgar EU
Dec 12th 2008 11:34AM "beastiality hunters are terrible for me in pvp"
Hope that wasn't Freudian:)
Gliterhammer, Khadgar, EU
Oct 19th 2008 8:14AM OK OK OK...I was grinding Darnassus rep for a tiger before the achievements came out.
But now I'm looking @ Exodar and Gnome Exiles and thinking..hhhhmmm I could do that.
The low level Q tracker is depressing coz I find myself stopping to go back over stuff I did with alts but not with my main - It's absurd.
And the worst is according to achievements I never did Ragnaros, Scholo, Strat but worst of all SM and Blackfathom Depths. So off I go to solo them (except MC ofc)....for what? I have screenshots of the dead guys!!!
I was adamant I would not do the achievements but I am which therefore confirms my addiction to the game which I am reminded of by my wife everyday. I will stop achievements right now....except Brewmaster...and heroics....
If I'm being cynical, they did this to stop us playing Warhammer.
Oct 2nd 2008 1:45PM Speak for yourself.
I'm a hunter - I don't suck.
A hunter played well is an awesome sight
Sep 5th 2008 10:30AM Let's be clear about this....
We all play a fantasy game.
The definition of fantasy is "an idea (game) with no basis in reality"
Why the F**k would I want to play a game that imposes a system of taxation on something that doesn't really exist?
If you can't help your fellow humans in a fantasy game let alone in RL then I guess you know which way you're heading upon death.
Jun 17th 2008 9:32AM The question is "what should I do to prepare for lvl 80?"
Rather than "what are you going to do in Northrend?"
So here goes my advice :-
1. Travel unfettered - have epic flying and land mounts on those toons with gathering professions.
2. Stock up on a few pots and raw materials - even lower level items.
3. Max out professions on all toons. Save all mats even for those yellow recipes @ 375 (cooking springs to mind).
4. Build up enough cash reserves to allow you to level in dungeons before questing (rep farming and repairs).
5. Stockpile cloth. The price of linen, wool and silk is absurd - you will need it to lvl first aid for your death knights :) And that pile of 1,000 Netherweave Cloth will go nowhere levelling 4 or more toons in first aid.
6. Get a guild bank character with a minimum of two slots to accommodate everything.
7. Ensure each of your alts is a "mule" for his profession and send all appropriate mats there. Keep a full bank on each.
8. Grind and keep primals and primal mights.
9. Make sure you're in a guild that you can run dungeons with.
10. get your gold now by questing dailies and rep grinding - sell nothing.
That's enough for now.
Jun 17th 2008 8:47AM Goodness me, where do we start?
I'm happy to say nearly all my mistakes came on my main which was 70 before I even considered an alt. Main is a hunter.
1. Pet training - didn't know I could frost trap and tame at the same time (lvl 67).
2. Spell Ignorance - first Coilfang run - turn on nature protection please. Who me? Where do you get that from? Still don't remember why I chose not to learn this. (lvl 63).
3. Kit/Equipment blunders - all the way to late 40's on this one. Pattern dropped for me - Wildthorn Mail - it was blue thought omg must get that. Spent a week or so farming the mats and after making it got a friendly whisper as I ran through IF "why are you wearing shammy armour?"
I said "how do you know"?
Thats when I learned about stats and how to inspect other characters.
4. Talent Points - lvl 17 when I thought "I wonder what this button does?"
5. Pets - why on earth would you want more than 1? (lvl 50+).
6. Pet Spells - You can learn them? (lvl 50+).
7. Auction House - why won't my crafted greens sell? (lvl 20+).
8. Auction House - anytime when drunk on a friday night. Just stay away, stay away.
9. Ironpatch blade from SFK (lvl 30+). Sold it in general chat for 3.5g to a naked toon who had to sell his clothes to buy it. Instantly readvertised at 15g in the same general chat channel.
Jun 4th 2008 8:43AM 99% of Paladins know it's their job to resurrect. Stop shouting "Rezz Plz" - they see you are dead. They also know that without rezzing you, they cannot proceed in that particular quest or dungeon. Lie down, relax, kick your boots off and enjoy the silence.
Jun 3rd 2008 12:37PM I bought white Blacksmithing plans (adamantite breastplate or similar) just after TBC the day before I hit Zangamarsh and found the Quartermaster. Paid 18g for a 4/5g plan for a piece of armour I made then had sharded. Sold shard for 35g :)
Filled with inspiration from my mistake, sent an alt to Booty Bay, bought 10 of the fishing books for 50/75 silver and flogged them for an average of 7g each. One went for 14g.
You can do the same with the bandage books from Arathi :)
Jun 1st 2008 5:25AM How do you do 22 dailies in 2 hours?
The SSO dailies - the most concebtrated ever - on the Isle take over two hours and there's 12 of them, right?