Dec 6th 2010 4:00PM Honestly leveling tips I have lived by whether it is a new expansion or a new character are:
1. No Out-door PvP. Like the OP said it is a waste of time for both parties included.
2. Grab all available quests in a quest area so you spend more time out completing quests then wasting time traveling back and forth.
3. Don't be afraid to skip ahead of the fray and try to find different quest hubs. Being that this is a new expansion it will be ransacked early on of quest mobs/items.
4. If you feel your getting in a crappy curve of players taking all of your quest items/kills then either ask to group up or queue up for a dungeon and hopefully after your finished you will find your stuff.
5. When you turn in quests empty/repair your bags and gear as to cut time and forgetfulness in the field to maximize leveling profit. Also take this time to send things of worth to a bank alt so you can keep your bags empty.
6. If your serious about leveling then play seriously. This isn't My Little Pony, if you see a quest item by someone then go take it. The point is for you to get to the max level not another player. Being a honorable player can keep you down till the next wave of item/creature respawns which means you might still be competing with people who just got the quest and just showed up and have no qualms taking it.
7. Help your guild. Remember that this time around you will gain guild rep/xp based of guild runs. Use this to your benefit. Let your guild know "Hey guys, I want to run an instance anyone wanna take a break from questing?" and you can benefit your guild as well as yourself.
8. Although your trying to get to 85 as soon as possible dont feel as though you cant take a break. It is good to get up and stretch or fill your drink or go to the bathroom.
9. Well considering you aren't learning that many spells this time around, I would space out your training sessions for some classes. I know this doesn't count completely from 80-85. But when your leveling up you can sometimes go 4-6 levels before going and training.
10. FINISH OUT QUEST ZONES! If you finish out both starting quest zones you should be 82-83. Which means when you move on to the 82-83 content zones you will be level appropriate and slightly higher which means by the time you finish these zones you will either be 85 or making your final push into 85 in a 84-85 zone. Being slightly higher then the quests your doing means that you will omgfaceroll through the quest content with ease and still have mana/health and less down time.
Just some rules I have followed since vanilla. I love leveling toon's.
2 Accounts with current toons for references to above tips:
61 Druid NE Druid/73 Tauren Druid/60 Troll Druid
80 Rogue / 61 Rogue
80 Warrior / 64 Warrior
66 Mage / 64 Mage
80 Paladin / 63 Paladin
Feb 19th 2009 8:23AM My guild and I are planning on finishing up Naxx 25 (farm) for the abyss crystals and then doing 2drake sarth instead of 3 just because the loot doesn't change and we just want him down. THEN we are taking 10-25 onto the PTR to start the testing of the bosses so that we can have strat's ready for live. When you have to compete with guilds like for server firsts you need to know your stuff unfortunately so hopefully we will get in there good.
Jan 5th 2009 11:25AM There is a gate in Tanaris in the south, believe it's called Ul'dum or something along those lines gaurded by elementals. When will or where does this place come into lore and how will it effect us in the future with Ul'duar being introduced. Been curious since pre-bc. Thank you.
Dec 12th 2008 9:57AM Reflections...
- Here is something... Magmadar[MC] for noob groups and guilds it was a hard fight without tranq shot. Usually you brought a hunter that had it or knew someone who had it so that way you can get one of your hunters to have it so then you would not have to bring anyone except your hunter.
-PvPing for horrible epics from WSG Venders. And wanting AV summoned Elementals so you could kill them for there Epics.
-I remember having lowbie warlocks placed around all world boss spawns so that way if one was up we could summon the 40 man raid in 10 minutes.
-I remember running around inside ZG before we even knew it was a future instance.
- I remember making a mental note that the place between duskwood and swamp of sorrows was worthless..only to become the site and area of one of the most raided instances ever (Karazhan).
-I remember the horrible corpse runs in Un'Goro and how pissed off people would be when they get ganked in the back of the cave.
-I remember caverns of time entrance blocked off and pointless.
-I still to this day only visit the Org auction house just because I dont acknowledge the other ones.
-I remember when you had to be a certain rank to enter the hall for your pvp gear.
those were all fond memories.
Nov 21st 2008 8:10AM Very nice actually.. I've been averaging 2 levels per day for the 4 days I played and now I am 4 bars into 78 and with an epic flyer I zip around and complete 5-6 quests in 15 minutes tops. But over all its nice cause I can actually read the quests and understand FULLY whats goin on.
Nov 10th 2008 7:45AM swwweeeeeettttt mount
Nov 7th 2008 7:58AM Dont Nerf me Bro
Nov 4th 2008 9:25AM Just so you know Death n Taxs started out as a PvP guild who knocked off early content for better pvp gear (before they had pvp gear comparable to raiding gear.) and look at all their accomplishments. They were great. For a pvp guild you just need to have balance. Maybe run a kara or ZA or some 10 man just to get the whole raiding out of peoples veins then you can go tackle battle grounds all night.