May 30th 2008 4:20AM whoa whoa whoa! warlocks are the premier ranged dps?! what about hunters! :D
Mar 18th 2008 9:31AM Yeah I'm at much the same place. My gf hit 70 a few months back, but had never done an instance (except for runs I've given her, ZF ftw!) and had never pvped.
I just got her started on battlegrounds and she loved that so much that she agreed to arena with me. She's undergeared, but she can pump out some dmg on her hunter, unless some melee shows up :P.
Mar 10th 2008 10:41PM @ arnold
I don't know that bg's are all that gear dependant. I'm @ about half entry kara pve gear, half s1 pvp gear on my hunter, and I take down whoever i want to.
occasionally i'll have problems with warriors, but only if they're skilled. skill > gear any day. a player with a *little* less skill and *much* greater gear will probably win. but a skilled player can pvp well.
Feb 26th 2008 12:51PM Oh, and here's my gear/build :)
Feb 26th 2008 12:49PM A few notes:
- Put gems in those spaulders! I've been trying to get them to drop... but no such luck. Those will last you a while, though *jealous*.
- Since you've obviously run bot, keep going! Go until you get exalted, then get your Crest of the Sha'tar! I love my shield :)
- Go engineering! Many people don't like this path since they feel there aren't enough useful craftables in the profession, but I don't know what I'd do without my Tankatronic Goggles :). Also, made myself a Goblin Rocket Launcher the other day for an extra 500 health (was using a healing trinket since I didn't have a viable option), and I have a lot of fun with my Flying Machine!
- Go to Durn and BM. One of the quests gives you Andormu's Tear, which is a great avoidance ring. Also, Timewarden's Leggings AND the Continuum Blade are great choices!
- If you can get exalted with Thrallmar (horde) or Honor Hold (alliance), there's a ~160 spelldmg blade (for horde, it's called Stormcaller, don't know what the alliance version is). Alternatively, getting exalted with Lower City will get you an equivalent mace, but I don't want to run SLabs over and over. This is a PVE alternative to the S1/S2 maces.
- Stam Stam Stam! Gem everything for stamina. I'm sitting just shy of 13k hp without any heroic rewards, and I'm about 7% away from uncrushable (I have the badges for the libram of repentance, which will get me another 5%, but I want the badge boots first... i may or may not have accidentally sold my flesh beasts... >_
Feb 26th 2008 4:44AM see, i hate SL...
SH however... is a wonderful wonderful place on my tankadin :)
Jan 1st 2008 4:44PM i took a 70 arms war with some really basic gear. i was holy at the time and just sat there healing him for 5 mins or so (he hadnt played that toon in ages, so dps was on the low side)
I never got below half mana. Nowadays im prot, and theres no way i could heal that long :(.
Dec 22nd 2007 1:55PM mememe!